Offered captain on Dash8 @ Mesa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyboy23

I have just been offered a captain position on the dash 8 at mesa. I have heard a lot of bad things about Mesa and I wonder if it is worth going to work for them just to get Captain. Any info on weather I should go to another airline and work as or first officer for a while, or would it be better to take the captain position with mesa would be greatly appreciated!!

Get the PIC so you can move up!!

I have heard they have a fairly high wash out rate on the Dash-8. For what it's worth, if you feel you can just bust your butt during training I say go for it. If not, you'll spend at least 2 years at another company til you can upgrade.

Your have been offered a capt. position w/ 1800? any prior 121? Can't imagine how qualified your f/o's will be? scary stuff.

Plan on sitting reserve the rest of your life. When all the FOs more senior to you get their minimums and upgrade you will keep getting shuffled to the bottom of the pile

mullet said:
Your have been offered a capt. position w/ 1800? any prior 121? Can't imagine how qualified your f/o's will be? scary stuff.

My thoughts EXACTLY.....

Didn't all that Dash flying out of JFK go to another airline because Mesa couldn't get their Dash's ready as promised?

flyboy23 said:
I have just been offered a captain position on the dash 8 at mesa. I have heard a lot of bad things about Mesa and I wonder if it is worth going to work for them just to get Captain. Any info on weather I should go to another airline and work as or first officer for a while, or would it be better to take the captain position with mesa would be greatly appreciated!!

Please tell me you haven't updated your profile, and that you actually have around 3K hours and some good turbojet/turbo prop experience.

Seriously bro, someone with NO turbine experience and low time ought not to be Captain of a 121 aircraft...IMHO.

Thinks about this, I mean really consider having a very green FO in the right seat when there is a real emergency, and you only have your limited experience to dwell upon.

Latest resources

Back