Oberstar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What plane do you fly?
How much do the tanks hold on a "fill up"?
How many miles a day gets put on your aircraft?
Repeat questions for your company as a whole vs the airlines as a whole...

I'm no mathuhmatishun, but....

Airliners as a whole use more fuel, and are the primary users of the National Airspace System...so isn't it logical that they pay a majority of the cost for a modernized NAS?

Airlines stand to gain more efficiencies from a modernized ATC system than bizav does...

And if Obama is elected President, lots of EJA pilots too will be laid off. (all of those extra taxes will force owners to give up EJA shares....)

You are way too dramatic DAD. When oil was lower and USAir and AWA merged, were there any layoffs? Nope. Higher oil has now affected the airlines, but when they merged it had NOT. You are wrong. But, you can GUESS that something "down the line" will happen------you can never be wrong there. Give me a break DAD. I think we may get in another War, "down the line."

Bye Bye--General Lee

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner Leslie.

Was I supposed to give a sh!t what you think?

:laugh:

PS Were you talking a war between you and me or Us bombing the sh!t out of Iran?

Either one is cool with me.

Last edited:
I'm no mathuhmatishun....

We don't do much flying, only about 1000 flights/day.;)

If I follow your logic, people who drive fuel efficient cars should pay more for gas than SUVs that carry more. I'm sure the airlines aren't paying anywhere close to the $6/gal we are buying, nor the aforementioned $0.36/gallon tax. Not to mentioned the waived landing fees, route subsidies, and bailouts.

The funny thing....The little guys aren't on federal assitance and are buying $6/gallon gas and making record profits. Go figure.

And if Obama is elected President, lots of EJA pilots too will be laid off. (all of those extra taxes will force owners to give up EJA shares....)
This is what people do not understand. The NJA model prospers in down markets. Higher costs generally force people to sell their plane and BUY shares. It is AMAZING the amount people will spend to avoid an airline.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner Leslie.

Was I supposed to give a sh!t what you think?

:laugh:

PS Were you talking a war between you and me or Us bombing the sh!t out of Iran?

Either one is cool with me.

Dad,

They like me, they actually like me!! Over dramatic, you should win an oscar Sally Fields... We understand you feel lucky with Netjets, and that is awesome. Quit making other people nervous about impending furloughs. You really have no clue what you are talking about. I hope Obama wins and taxes all of your owners. I hope that doesn't affect your tips....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
We don't do much flying, only about 1000 flights/day.;)

If I follow your logic, people who drive fuel efficient cars should pay more for gas than SUVs that carry more. I'm sure the airlines aren't paying anywhere close to the $6/gal we are buying, nor the aforementioned $0.36/gallon tax. Not to mentioned the waived landing fees, route subsidies, and bailouts.

The funny thing....The little guys aren't on federal assitance and are buying $6/gallon gas and making record profits. Go figure.

This is what people do not understand. The NJA model prospers in down markets. Higher costs generally force people to sell their plane and BUY shares. It is AMAZING the amount people will spend to avoid an airline.

Wow, sounds like you are confident NOTHING bad will ever happen to you. You sound FANTASTIC. And, in bad times you also lose people to cheaper operators, like Avantair and Options. When the economy goes bad, everyone loses. Airlines aren't for everyone, but it is also amazing who we now see on the Airlines, in first class. I guess they don't want to spend $15,000 going from ATL to LGA......and middle managers just don't fly corporate anymore, they now fly 1st class.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
DI hope Obama wins and taxes all of your owners. I hope that doesn't affect your tips....
Bye Bye--General Lee

Obama thinks everyone has a right to practically free air travel for those above riding the Greyhound they can afford. WIth that precedent, I plan to put in for my private jet shares, because I can't afford them, but don't want to ride on the airlines.
Why does the general public think this is a rational way to look at a business? It isn't like a school bus srvice you pay taxes for.... Yeah airlines have been "bailed out" in the past, but look at all the shenanigans the frac owners pull.....they don't even PAY for their costs....it's pulled from some bs LLC or wherever, then WRITTEN OFF as a business expense." Both equally can be said to be sucking from the govt you-know what, so my argument to the Obamites stands. If air fares continue to be subsidized off the employees backs, I want the same for private jet travel.

Bye Bye--General Lee
You might want to look at the Frac growth and churn rates before you push your foot any farther in your mouth. Although it is rather entertaining that you don't know how naive you sound.

PS...I never said we were immune, we just react differently to economic pressures than the airlines. By the way, middle managers in FC aren't exactly "the elite."

No matter what some pudding heads say, I never want anyone to get furloughed. It is a reality and I have lived through several rounds myself. I don't wish that on my worst enemy.

My job is more dependent on a support of the railway labor act and the backing for unions. Vote your heart or vote your brains. McCain is not a friend to labor or pilots. Look at his record.

As for the Tax debate... For my entire life republicans have promised tax less spend less policies, and not ONE has lived up to their promises or made it work. Look at W. He took the biggest surplus in history and turned it into the biggest deficit. That is what the bush tax cuts got, a reccesion. And John boy voted with bush 95% during W's eight years.

I doubt I will change anyone's mind so feel free to rip into me now. I don't mind.

Last edited:
As a controller, I love Oberstar, Abercrombie, and Costello.

Fu(k Mica...he's a massive jack a$$.

Latest resources

Back