Oberstar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Listen to Joe,

Oberstar is a moron, there are a few reason he is against mergers, but the biggest is more "expensive" fares.

He would rather see airlines wallow in and out of Ch.11, than to see reduced capacity and higher fares.

Ahhhh Yes France......where unions actually have a say so in things such as pay, work rules, scope issues etc. Where France told us Iraq would turn into a Civil War and refused to get involved. Where France's economy is booming compared to the USA. Average car in France gets 54.6 miles to the gallon and is a diesel manual. What a terrible country. I mean France actually plans for the future and allows its citizens to have a say in how they are treated by corporations.......Just Terrible. How dare they exist......They do have some hot loose women though, but still thats not a reason to like them, lets nuke them they are horrible.

Once again Jmoney is stroking it to that brilliant an highly intelligent Sean Hanniety !!!

An actual attempt to defend France! That is more than I ever would have hoped for!!!

Where to begin? Let's see-
1-France has just about the highest tax rate in the known universe, (outside of true communism)

2-France will sell absolutely any weapon to absolutely any country (including nuclear enrichment technology-remember those reactors Isreal blew up in Iraq? Mid 80's?- yep-France!)

3-France is also really great at offering military advice (ever since the British kicked the living dog-squeeze out of them at Trafalgar)-they just aren't so great at actually doing anything other than getting into some crap and picking up the red phone to call real countries to come an bail thier butts out (3 times in the 20th century-BTW.)

4-Just look at all the fun they had when they tried to make a french nuclear aircraft carrier sail:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FS_Charles_de_Gaulle
-The damn thing was built with a flight deck that was too short(can you believe that?) It also lost its propeller on sea trials-it had to get towed back to port-FROM STINKING SEA TRIALS-NOT BATTLE!!! These clowns are so incompetent-they are lucky it didn't just blow up!

5-And- My favorite part:
Why do they have a seat on the UN security council? BECAUSE THE ENTIRE WORLD PITIES THEM!!! It certainly is not because they have won any wars in a couple hundred years or so!!! They just get into some crap every once in a whle and whine when they get the dog snot kicked out of them! I guess the UN must value the perspective afforded by consultation with true losers!

-If there is any country anywhere we do not want to emulate, it is France! These putz weasels are truly the scourge of the planet!

What a bunch of pathetic cheese-eating surrender-monkeys!

-Plus-They love Jerry Louis!
WTF?!?

AHH, politics on an anonymous web forum, very enjoyable. Arguing politics this way is like running in the special Olympics.

Wow, you seem pretty sure about it....

My daddy taught me to never say never, but if there's one thing I've learned recently its that the high-net worth individuals flying business aviation these days will NOT give it up to go back to the airlines at TSA hassles...and will sacrifice other toys in order to keep it.

Doesn't mean one segment is any "better" than the other, but to say an Obama presidency will directly cause job cuts at NJA or elsewhere in the business aviation sector is a laughable statement.

Ahhhh Yes France......where unions actually have a say so in things such as pay, work rules, scope issues etc. Where France told us Iraq would turn into a Civil War and refused to get involved. Where France's economy is booming compared to the USA. Average car in France gets 54.6 miles to the gallon and is a diesel manual. What a terrible country. I mean France actually plans for the future and allows its citizens to have a say in how they are treated by corporations.......Just Terrible. How dare they exist......They do have some hot loose women though, but still thats not a reason to like them, lets nuke them they are horrible.

Once again Jmoney is stroking it to that brilliant an highly intelligent Sean Hanniety !!!

Dude get the FU&% out of here. Go to France you commie faqet. Oh and take at least 10 freinds with you. Oh wait, I'll bet you don't have any friends, just a fat wife who listens to your commie rants about how unfair the world is and how the gubmint should take care of us all, especially guys like you because your to weak to make it on your own. I loathe you and all like you.

When oil was lower and USAir and AWA merged, were there any layoffs?
YGTBSM. You think there's any comparison between that and NW/DL? There weren't any furloughs at AWA/US because of a) USair retirements b) lots of money was pumped-in from investors and c) oil wasn't $140/barrel with a fleet of Diesel 9s. Furloughs are a guarantee with this merger and any other merger anyone can cancoct in this environment.

Don't forget that they get 75% of their electricity from nuclear power. We could learn a thing or two from them, apparently.

(I still hate the French, but even those pompous a$$holes have gotten a few things right.)

How can you say that? He opposes the merger because it will "raise fares"......HELLO...Fares need to rise.....Oberstar and the rest of the Democratic Party are worried about the poor consumer who may actually have to pay what it costs.....

Flying isn't a right....but some on the left side of the aisle think it is......

A true "best friend" wouldn't oppose higher fares.....

After the merger and the "new" Delta furloughs a couple thousand pilots, everyone will wish that Oberstar had gotten his way on stopping this merger.

As far as fares go, Oberstar favors a real solution to our problems: re-regulation.

Latest resources

Back