• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NYT: "Market for Corporate Jets Goes Into Free Fall"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fact, not fiction. NJ is about to experience the exact same thing and all the compliments that RTS has gotten on this board will fall to the wayside when he looks at NJASAP and asks for some of it back.

Or...NJ will get through the downturn, using a bit of the $33 BILLION in cash that its parent company has.

And down the road four or five years, the union members will be calling for their leaderships head on platter because they signed such a long contract - and the other fractionals passed them by!

And down the road four or five years, the union members will be calling for their leaderships head on platter because they signed such a long contract - and the other fractionals passed them by!

How will that be when NJA will be the only frac left? :D

Or...NJ will get through the downturn, using a bit of the $33 BILLION in cash that its parent company has.

Buffet will sell NJ before he puts serious money into it. It is well known that each company stands on it's own within B-H, and as long as it does well it stays. If it doesn't do well, you will lose Uncle Warren as a benefactor.

B9 posted:

Netjets isn't a legacy carrier. You of all people should know the difference if you claim to be in the position you say you're in.

This is a new ball game. Like I said in an earlier post. A case of beer of your choice if it doesn't turn out as you "predict".

You are right, Netjets is not a legacy carrier. NJ doesn't have the time and history of a legacy carrier and is much more susceptible to a downturn in the industry. The whole time the fracs have been in operation the economy has been on an upswing without any serious repercussions. Right now will be the most serious challenge and I'll hold to my prediction that if new shares aren't being sold at the same rate as they were before the industry leading contract is going to seriously be tested sooner than anybody would have hoped. The corporate backlash of private jets is just the tip of the iceberg and only those with enough flexibility will be able to survive.

B9 posted:
The whole time the fracs have been in operation the economy has been on an upswing without any serious repercussions.

Wrong. Better check out your time line before making a statement like that.

Buffet will sell NJ before he puts serious money into it.

A little wishful thinking on your part!? I have to ask...do you really believe what you're saying here? Do you know anything at all about NJA's history with WB?

My suggestion is go back and do a little research. I'll help you out. Fortune 500 magazine is a good start. WB lets the cat out of the bag in a couple of interviews in regards to NJ's. After you bone up, you'll see the error of your ways.

You are right, Netjets is not a legacy carrier. NJ doesn't have the time and history of a legacy carrier and is much more susceptible to a downturn in the industry. The whole time the fracs have been in operation the economy has been on an upswing without any serious repercussions. Right now will be the most serious challenge and I'll hold to my prediction that if new shares aren't being sold at the same rate as they were before the industry leading contract is going to seriously be tested sooner than anybody would have hoped. The corporate backlash of private jets is just the tip of the iceberg and only those with enough flexibility will be able to survive.

You're entitled to your opinion, however what pisses everyone off is your attitude about it. You make it sound as if you want us all to lose our jobs.....

B19 is just a lost little sheep with a bull horn.

What she doesn't realize is that as corporate flight departments wind down, fractional shares will spool up.

Are those corporate heads going to fly with Rez and PCL over in major airline land? Heck no. Those guys can't even tuck in their shirts and wipe the lav down in their fight with each other and management. There is simply no time for passenger needs.

Back to reality...

Who will most of those business leaders choose to invest with? Will they invest for 5 years with a company that is currently laying off pilots and showing financial weakness or one that has maintained it's existing payroll and aircraft orders? Which company is better positioned to spring forward when the economy rebounds?

B19, it's okay. We don't expect you to follow... just get out of the way... cause you sure as heck are no leader.

You're entitled to your opinion, however what pisses everyone off is your attitude about it. You make it sound as if you want us all to lose our jobs.....

That's not what upsets everybody, what upsets everybody is that I don't buy into the union concept.

To me, it's a big entity and unions are there to take every extra last penny of it at the expense of all the employees in the company, the passengers (owners), the local economy which depends on the company and the company itself.

Unions don't care about anybody but themselves and their internal bretheren at anybody elses expense.

I don't want to see anybody lose jobs.. and one of my complaints about unions is that they will sacrifice and allow the bottom third of the seniority list to be furloughed and protect the high wages of the upper two thirds. Instead, they could quickly reduce the overall package and save the jobs but they don't. Oh, and before the pilots are furloughed, non pilots always lose their jobs too.

No, I don't want to see jobs lost, I want to see jobs saved and that isn't what unions are about. They are about greed and selfishness - and they don't care where they get it from or what the final outcome is. Tear it down rather than save it is their motto, it has been since the beginning.

You are right, Netjets is not a legacy carrier. NJ doesn't have the time and history of a legacy carrier and is much more susceptible to a downturn in the industry. The whole time the fracs have been in operation the economy has been on an upswing without any serious repercussions.

Have you been drinking, or are you really this ignorant?

NetJets has been around since 1986. Since that time, we have had 3 (including the current one) recessions here in the US.

How many airlines have furloughed, shut down, restructured in the last 10 years? How about looking at the airline index since 1992? NetJets has grown and prospered significantly during that same time.

I guess your the monkey flipping the chart in this video. Just twist the facts to support your incorrect conclusions.

so you would suggest that I get paid a $hity salary?, with no health benefits for my family? an unsafe work envrironment?......is that the answer?

I understand you dont like unions, that is ok. I dont like when unions pay a guy at Ford $30 to mop the floor....but, for us, the only alternative is the above scenario. We need this union or else we can't live, we need it or else we'll be forced to do unsafe things to get that last dollar.

Years ago I flew at a company that paid a salary of $200 per week and $200 for every trip I flew. It was real hard to balance what was safe and what my paycheck needed to be.

The more you push about anti-union the more you make it appear that you want us pilots to be trained dogs that will only fetch. That is the wrong approach and will only cause us to push back.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back