• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA wants DOH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
, NWA pilots should be given a credit for our up coming retirements or the Delta pilots should not be given much credit for their current positions which is a reflection of their retirements. .
You and every NWA pilot are a reflection of past NWA retirements, should we take that into consideration also?

Also, in your above quote, you said NWA will have block holders JUNIOR to some DL reserves. Well, isn't that a good thing pay wise? You guys seem upset about the drop in hours for reserve guarantee---from 75 hours to 70 hours at Delta. Well, sounds like some junior NWA people won't have to take that "pay cut" down to 70 hours a month, and instead ENJOY the pay raise per hour while flying more than 70 hours.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I'll trade 10 bucks an hour for 900 seniority numbers.... any takers?

I don't see management ever coming to the group asking for concessions in seniority. har har har

The "raise" doesn't mean s#!t to me if I'm hangin out on the bottom like a new hire after 8 years on the property. (Oh .. I'm sorry .. only 3.5 years on the property)

Seniority is for sale is not a valid argument either.

I'll trade 10 bucks an hour for 900 seniority numbers.... any takers?

I don't see management ever coming to the group asking for concessions in seniority. har har har

The "raise" doesn't mean s#!t to me if I'm hangin out on the bottom like a new hire after 8 years on the property. (Oh .. I'm sorry .. only 3.5 years on the property)

Seniority is for sale is not a valid argument either.

So, were you furloughed for awhile and now are back? If you were, you now get to benefit even more from our contract. You will get "credit" for your years on furlough, and should get paid 8th year pay instead of 4th year pay (3.5 rounded up). Isn't that great? You are welcome. See, you will make more thanks to us. That should be a lot more than an extra 10 bucks an hour.....from 4th year to 8th year pay, plus the 15-20% raise in rates.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
I love when one side takes credit for the raises that everyone received, as if they are the reason and not the merger itself. We all got raises, and it was due to the merger. As a reminder, the raises are being paid for out of both piggy banks.

Last edited:
Correct, and I have not see our team use that tacit. The ones that are being used hold a lot more water.

I love when one side takes credit for the raises that everyone received, as if they are the reason and not the merger itself. We all got raises, and it was due to the merger. As a reminder, the raises are being paid for out of both piggy banks.

Just to put things in perspective: Delta pilots received raises, the NWA pilots received raises.

Why did the JPWA pass at a much higher percentage at NWA?

Correct, and I have not see our team use that tacit. The ones that are being used hold a lot more water.

I agree, Delta has made some strong arguments. It just looks like the arbitrators don't see us as less than equals. My 2 cents, a 500 pilot staple holds zero water.

Last edited:
Just to put things in perspective: Delta pilots received raises, the NWA pilots received raises.

Why did the JPWA pass at a much higher percentage at NWA?

I agree, ours were bigger, but its paid for from our money. We also had some work rules that we lost on so its not a huge deal for the red tails. I think the arbitrators issue is when the blue team is asking for seniority concessions for something the red tails paid for.

So, were you furloughed for awhile and now are back? If you were, you now get to benefit even more from our contract. You will get "credit" for your years on furlough, and should get paid 8th year pay instead of 4th year pay (3.5 rounded up). Isn't that great? You are welcome. See, you will make more thanks to us. That should be a lot more than an extra 10 bucks an hour.....from 4th year to 8th year pay, plus the 15-20% raise in rates.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Ok.... I'll give you that ... but a thanks to both groups for voting "yes". Plus... the JCBA .. or the LOA 19 wouldn't exist without a merger. Dollars are coming from both sides.

I'll go further for you ... I'll trade 15 bucks an hour for .. oh lets say ... 990 seniority numbers .... do we have a deal?

Bottom line... seniority is forever ... and not for sale. The "because your getting a payraise, you should be happy with what you get" argument doesn't float.

But like one other individual stated, seniority as in DOH means nothing. It is how you sit on your companies list. You position on that list determines your career expectations and bidding authority. Your DOH is when you were put on this list. DOH is used for pay, vacation, and flight pass purposes.

Latest resources

Back