• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nwa Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Accelerated aircraft deliveries? To whom, Compass? You folks at the red tail were in such a frenzy to race your fellow pilots to the bottom, you beat the regionals. NWA is doing better because they are going to shift your flying away from your pilot group. Give it time.

-TG

Northwest has planes on order from both Boeing and Airbus but none from Bombardier. I think they are trying to decide between the CRJ900 and one of the EMB-190 for their regional feed, but they haven't ordered any.

They have 18 787-8s on order from Boeing for delivery in 2008 - so that might be within two years.

Northwest has 19 airplanes on order from Airbus: 12 A330s and 7 of the A319/320 family - that's probably what they are trying to accelerate.

http://ir.nwa.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=111021&p=irol-fleet

iaflyer said:
Northwest has planes on order from both Boeing and Airbus but none from Bombardier. I think they are trying to decide between the CRJ900 and one of the EMB-190 for their regional feed, but they haven't ordered any.

They have 18 787-8s on order from Boeing for delivery in 2008 - so that might be within two years.

Northwest has 19 airplanes on order from Airbus: 12 A330s and 7 of the A319/320 family - that's probably what they are trying to accelerate.

http://ir.nwa.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=111021&p=irol-fleet
They have not bought any aircraft for compass. Apparently, they are storing a number of CRJ aircraft, 705's perhaps; 20 is what they tell me.

YourPilotFriend said:
They have not bought any aircraft for compass. Apparently, they are storing a number of CRJ aircraft, 705's perhaps; 20 is what they tell me.
705s? Bombardier says they have only sold 15 of the 705, and they delivered all 15 to Air Canada.

http://www.bombardier.com/index.jsp?id=3_0&lang=en&file=/en/3_0/3_0.jsp

Also, I would think they would need permission of the bankruptcy court to purchase airplanes and there would be a hearing or something involved. I think the labor groups would have a fit if NW was buying planes to have them sit. I also doubt the judge would let them buy planes and then let them sit too.

iaflyer said:
705s? Bombardier says they have only sold 15 of the 705, and they delivered all 15 to Air Canada.

http://www.bombardier.com/index.jsp?id=3_0&lang=en&file=/en/3_0/3_0.jsp

Also, I would think they would need permission of the bankruptcy court to purchase airplanes and there would be a hearing or something involved. I think the labor groups would have a fit if NW was buying planes to have them sit. I also doubt the judge would let them buy planes and then let them sit too.
They have delivered 15, it says no where about how many they have built. Also I don't believe they have plans to release them until they are out of bankruptcy.

YourPilotFriend said:
They have delivered 15, it says no where about how many they have built. Also I don't believe they have plans to release them until they are out of bankruptcy.
Large aircraft companies like Boeing, Airbus and Bombardier don't build airplanes without orders - it's financial suicide. Also, Northwest is in bankruptcy - they can't make financial decisions without the approval of the judge - it's that simple. He controls the checkbook. Shoot - after a company declares bankruptcy, one of the first requests from the company is for approval to pay the upcoming payroll. Northwest can't be off making deals for airplanes without the approval of the court.

So you think Bombardier would make build $700 million (20 * approx $35 mil per airplane) of product without having a signed business deal and deposits? Ha.

i would have to agree with this last statement, there are so many i heard so and so say that they talked to a good source who was in a hanger, or knew a GE rep, or whatever that they saw a few 705's parked in NWa paintjobs up in Montreal, its a bunch of crap, those are such $$ machines, they would not be able to sit on such capital.....oh, did anyone see what NWa announce today with the amount they lost this last quarter? wow, how could they lose so much when others are succeeding? their flights are full, their cost structure is like others? I beleive the judge needs to look at the top for cuts. pay and pink slips

NWA turned an operational profit for the Quarter. We lost money due to charges related to Chapter 11, special expenses, and coriolis force.

TinGoose1 said:
Accelerated aircraft deliveries? To whom, Compass? You folks at the red tail were in such a frenzy to race your fellow pilots to the bottom, you beat the regionals. NWA is doing better because they are going to shift your flying away from your pilot group. Give it time.

-TG

More speculation from someone who knows everything about some place he's never worked.

They accelerated the 330 deliveries, why do you think the DC10s are being parked so fast?

Tool.

320AV8R,

I've seen this before. It's dangerous if we wake him up! Let the Ambien wear off naturally, keep him away from the electrical outlets, and call his parents after he comes-around.

With all the self-assured Airline Industry Experts around here, you'd think at least ONE of them woulda posted the Final Jeopardy answer by now...

Latest resources

Back