Nwa Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
COpilot said:
He might think your a SCAB in the sense that you crossed the picket line of NWA MX.

If you look back to 1989 EAL pilots honored their MX strike (it was not the pilots contract in dispute), and every pilot who crossed that line is a SCAB.

The only difference, was that the EAL pilots went out for MX, you all did not. Lets see what you all do in the coming weeks?

Ahhh....CO....the shining example of union botherhood and solidarity.

You work for the airline that elected a SCAB MEC chairman, and gave amnesty to all the Scabs for christ's sake. And they crossed thier own pilots picket lines - true struck work.

I love the way you and other idiots here like to implore other pilot groups to self-destruct when you'll never have the cajones to do what you chide others for. Sit down and shut up.

FWIW, AMFA are a bunch of f____g idiots, and the NWA pilots are to be applauded as far as I'm concerned for not destroying thier airline to protect them. I hope they don't for bunch of over paid sky waitresses either.

Last edited:
Fly4hire said:
Ahhh....CO....the shining example of union botherhood and solidarity.

You work for the airline that elected a SCAB MEC chairman, and gave amnesty to all the Scabs for christ's sake. And they crossed thier own pilots picket lines - true struck work.

I love the way you and other idiots here like to implore other pilot groups to self-destruct when you'll never have the cajones to do what you chide others for. Sit down and shut up.

FWIW, AMFA are a bunch of f____g idiots, and the NWA pilots are to be applauded as far as I'm concerned for not destroying thier airline to protect them. I hope they don't for bunch of over paid sky waitresses either.

Nicely done...

Fly4hire said:

"FWIW" the pilot group at NW has exactly ZERO manipulation power within the airline now (to legally "protect" it or not "protect" it). And the "over-paid sky waitresses" of which you speak are the only group who has leverage left and the only labor group who can legally "destroy thier airline".

Best get facts straight lest you look like a "f____g idiot".

Last edited:
WillowRunVortex said:
"the "over-paid sky waitresses" of which you speak are the only group who has leverage left and the only labor group who can legally "destroy thier airline".

Ahhh...I get it now...that's the goal of negotiations if you don't get what you want. BTW some mandate when only 36% of the eligible F/A's vote against the TA with 3000+ not even bothering to vote for probably the most important vote of thier careers. They'll be crossing by the thousands themselves if there is no injunction or deal.

After 10+ years as an ALPA volunteer I'm starting to see the unions as much of the problem as management.

Fly4hire said:
Ahhh...I get it now...that's the goal of negotiations if you don't get what you want.

Had it been the pilots in the same situation, I do believe you would be singing a different tune!

Ease up CoPilot....you might blow a seal and soil yourself. And BTW - I just rode CAL to LIR from SAN and it was the worse flight I have ever had. Horrible Isle Donkeys, and the flight crew in the cack-pit was just as bad. We sat on the ramp for over an hour with no PA or explanation from up front. To top it off the a/c didn't go on until after takeoff. Not to say this wouldn't happen at another airline, but I've neve had a worse trip on a major.

My $0.02....

Baja.

Last edited by a moderator:
e=mc2 said:
NWA is the Titantic and the pilots are the band. Hope you boys can swim.

We can swim just fine. Aircraft deliveries have been accelerated, lease rates are low, total operating cost is at the LCC level, pilots are getting recalled.....yea things are pretty grim.

Copilot said:
He might think your a SCAB in the sense that you crossed the picket line of NWA MX.

They crossed ours in 1998. We are not performing struck work. What's your point?

Latest resources

Back