Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I_Love_Lamp said:
YOURE RIGHT. MSY-NRT 7 TIMES DAILY oneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneone

No where in my posts does it mention MSY to any other destinations than that of what NWA services now MEM,MSP, and DTW. All I simply stated and brought up was the fact that NWA needs to use bigger a/c on these routes plus also add a few more MSP flights. Unlike yourself, I did research as to what NWA currently flies to MSY and what a/c they use. I also researched my past flights to these routes as to what a/c I flew on as well as looked at old timetables that show that for instance on the MSY-MSP route in late 2004 through pre Kartina 2005, they flew 4 flights on which 2 of them they used A319 or A320 a/c. Now its been almost 9 months since Katrina and since most of the NOLA population has relocated to the Northshore, Hammond, and Baton Rouge areas, and I am sure many of these people fly, it would make sense for NWA to increase its flights back to pre-Katrina status and bring in larger a/c. And by larger a/c I mean the A319 and A320 and maybe one 757-300. That is not out of the realm of what NOLA's pax numbers. It does not take common sense to recgonize the increase in demand for flights out of NOLA.

So before you go blasting my post the way you are and have done, try doing some research yourself, before you open your mouth. Yes you are entitled to your 2 cents but buddy you have gone way over board here.

flyguyMN said:
It would make sense for NWA to increase its flights back to pre-Katrina status and bring in larger a/c.

Maybe they'll do that when New Orleans gets back to it's pre-Katrina population levels.

Besides, NWA isn't a strong player in the Southeast anyway. They'd just as soon let their codeshare partners CAL and DAL handle it. Cities like NOLA are tourist destinations, and have a crappier than average yields. NWA is better off putting their strengths into places they can charge an arm and leg, like FSD or FAR.

Nu

flyguyMN said:
So before you go blasting my post the way you are and have done, try doing some research yourself, before you open your mouth. Yes you are entitled to your 2 cents but buddy you have gone way over board here.

Okay Tom Cruise, let me simplify it for you:

Nobody cares, this thread would be more appropriate on a.net.

Also, the only good part about New Orleans was the overnight. And frankly, if the city were to be washed under 50 feet of water, America would not be missing much.

I see Mesaba is operating Avros out of MKE now. While I don't wish any ill will on the NWA guys, I do find the appearance of the Avro kind of cool.

Is this MKE/Avro thing good news for Mesaba?

I_Love_Lamp said:

Also, the only good part about New Orleans was the overnight. And frankly, if the city were to be washed under 50 feet of water, America would not be missing much.

The huricane pretty much flushed alot of the NOLA's lower class citizens too Houston. I guess the crime rate in Houston has soared since then.

New Orleans always struck me as way over-rated

Last edited:
I_Love_Lamp said:

Best Post Ever.

wmuflyguy said:
The huricane pretty much flushed alot of the NOLA's lower class citizens too Houston. I guess the crime rate in Houston has soared since then.

New Orleans always struck me as way over-rated

WMU,

I lived there for several years, and in fact, learned to fly out at KNEW. When I first moved there, I was like WTF,O? But the place is an aquired taste, and after a while, really grows on you.

You need to learn to operate on "New Orleans Time", which is to say at a stately pace. Ya don't want to over exert yourself as you mosey down to the Popeye's for lunch.

The people are really, really nice, and the friends you make, you make for life. I contrast this with Minneaoplis, which is just chock full of the most miserable SOBs God ever placed on this green earth (except it's not green there, just either white or grey, and everything is covered with dust). There was absolutely no concept of the "social graces" among the population.

In New Orleans, the food absolutely rocks...you can't really throw a stone without hitting a decent place to eat, and the best burgers, BAR NONE, in the whole universe are to be had at the "Port 'o Call" on Esplanade just on the border of the French Quarter. The stew at the Camillia Grill is without compare.

Conversly, the food in Minneapolis blows chunks. I never did find a decent seafood place, and oddly enough, all the steaks (which you would think would be somewhat OK as a lot come from NE) tasted like they had been stored open next to the floor cleaner. In fact, ALL the food tasted like it had already been chewed. Blech, you can keep that place.

If I could, I would move back to Louisiana, maybe someplace on the North Shore.

Nu

I'd imagine NW flies the 753 between MEM and MSP because they are 2 of their hubs. So that should answer why they operate on that route.

The people are really, really nice, and the friends you make, you make for life. I contrast this with Minneaoplis, which is just chock full of the most miserable SOBs God ever placed on this green earth (except it's not green there, just either white or grey, and everything is covered with dust). There was absolutely no concept of the "social graces" among the population.

You've never heard of Minnesota Nice??

NuGuy said:
WMU,

I lived there for several years, and in fact, learned to fly out at KNEW. When I first moved there, I was like WTF,O? But the place is an aquired taste, and after a while, really grows on you.

You need to learn to operate on "New Orleans Time", which is to say at a stately pace. Ya don't want to over exert yourself as you mosey down to the Popeye's for lunch.

In New Orleans, the food absolutely rocks...you can't really throw a stone without hitting a decent place to eat, and the best burgers, BAR NONE, in the whole universe are to be had at the "Port 'o Call" on Esplanade just on the border of the French Quarter. The stew at the Camillia Grill is without compare.

Conversly, the food in Minneapolis blows chunks. I never did find a decent seafood place, and oddly enough, all the steaks (which you would think would be somewhat OK as a lot come from NE) tasted like they had been stored open next to the floor cleaner. In fact, ALL the food tasted like it had already been chewed. Blech, you can keep that place.

If I could, I would move back to Louisiana, maybe someplace on the North Shore.

Nu

You're serious? We're talking about New Orleans, LA? Right?

Latest resources

Back