• Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyguyMN

This make no sense what so ever:

Why does NWA do the following:

May 3rd - June 7th Timetable

MSY-DTW:

909a - 1241p DC9 (operated daily)
451p - 820p DC9 (operated Sat only)
451p - 820p DC9 (operated daily except Sat)

Q: Why don't they use a A319 on the 4:51 flight operated 6 days a week?

MSY - MSP

750a - 1036a DC9 (operated daily)
544p - 833p DC9 (operated daily)

Q: Why don't they use a A319 on both routes? Just last year they used nothing but A319's on this route.

MSY - MEM

620a - 735a D9-50 (operated daily)
1125a - 1243p D9 (operated daily)
345p - 459p D9-50 (operated daily)

Q: Why don't they use a CRJ for all the flights. Personally the MSY-MEM flight is way too short to use the D9.

After June 7th:

MSY- MSP

540p - 826p

Q: Why do we only get one flight to MSP during the Summer travel season? Stupid to me on NWA's part.

------------------------------------------------------

It seems and looks like NWA is screwing over MSY. I mean come on. All we get are DC-9's. Just this time last year MSY had 4 daily flights to MSP all on A319 aircraft. They had 2 morning departures. I took the 720a flight 4 times in early to mid 2005 and all were on A319's. Now all we see is 2 daily departuers to MSP. One early morning and one late evening all on DC-9s. I am afraid to see what we get once NWA retires its DC9's. I sure as heck will be pissed if all we get are the crummy CRJ's. As I have said it before, MSY deserves more even before Katrina. There is no reason why NWA cannot fly its A319's and even some 757-300's down here. I mean they use the 757-300 from MEM-MSP (that is a 2hr 13min flight) I dont see why we cant pick one up MSY-MSP (that is a 2hr 38min flight) and we have pax demand for it. Especially if all they are gonna offer is one daily flight in the evening to MSP.

NWA what are you doing to us here at MSY?

flyguyMN said:
This make no sense what so ever:

Why does NWA do the following:

May 3rd - June 7th Timetable

MSY-DTW:

909a - 1241p DC9 (operated daily)
451p - 820p DC9 (operated Sat only)
451p - 820p DC9 (operated daily except Sat)

Q: Why don't they use a A319 on the 4:51 flight operated 6 days a week?

MSY - MSP

750a - 1036a DC9 (operated daily)
544p - 833p DC9 (operated daily)

Q: Why don't they use a A319 on both routes? Just last year they used nothing but A319's on this route.

MSY - MEM

620a - 735a D9-50 (operated daily)
1125a - 1243p D9 (operated daily)
345p - 459p D9-50 (operated daily)

Q: Why don't they use a CRJ for all the flights. Personally the MSY-MEM flight is way too short to use the D9.

After June 7th:

MSY- MSP

540p - 826p

Q: Why do we only get one flight to MSP during the Summer travel season? Stupid to me on NWA's part.

------------------------------------------------------

It seems and looks like NWA is screwing over MSY. I mean come on. All we get are DC-9's. Just this time last year MSY had 4 daily flights to MSP all on A319 aircraft. They had 2 morning departures. I took the 720a flight 4 times in early to mid 2005 and all were on A319's. Now all we see is 2 daily departuers to MSP. One early morning and one late evening all on DC-9s. I am afraid to see what we get once NWA retires its DC9's. I sure as heck will be pissed if all we get are the crummy CRJ's. As I have said it before, MSY deserves more even before Katrina. There is no reason why NWA cannot fly its A319's and even some 757-300's down here. I mean they use the 757-300 from MEM-MSP (that is a 2hr 13min flight) I dont see why we cant pick one up MSY-MSP (that is a 2hr 38min flight) and we have pax demand for it. Especially if all they are gonna offer is one daily flight in the evening to MSP.

NWA what are you doing to us here at MSY?

Are you serious? Quit being a Sally, and be glad you have air service, and don't have to ride Greyhound.

Have you ever though that maybe that aircraft doesnt turn and go back to the orginating city...maybe it goes somewhere else.
Second, something about load factor and the availbitly of aircraft. I am guessing that the planning dept, or whatever they call it at NWA ,is guessing that MSY wont have alot of traffic for the next few months.

Because they have cut capacity. They want to have more people than there are seats, that way they can charge a premium. They probably weren't seeling out 4 flights a day, so they cut it to 2. Cutting down the flights saves them gas, mx, crew costs.

They don't care if you don't like the plane, all they care is the plane is pretty much filled and you paid as much as they could get out of you.

mnixon said:
Are you serious? Quit being a Sally, and be glad you have air service, and don't have to ride Greyhound.

We do have Greyhound. In fact we have two of them if you count in Southwest Airlines. So do some research before you post.

Thedude said:
Have you ever though that maybe that aircraft doesnt turn and go back to the orginating city...maybe it goes somewhere else.
Second, something about load factor and the availbitly of aircraft. I am guessing that the planning dept, or whatever they call it at NWA ,is guessing that MSY wont have alot of traffic for the next few months.
We have always had the capacity for use of the A319. And as for the 757-300, if CO can use the 757-300 here on one flight, then by golly, NWA can fill it going to MSP or DTW. Same kind of market as going to IAH on CO. And lets not forget Delta who used the 767-200's and 767-300's here going to ATL. There is a demand for bigger A/C here at MSY, so lets bring em in.

flyguyMN said:
We do have Greyhound. In fact we have two of them if you count in Southwest Airlines. So do some research before you post.

Remember last year when New Orleans got hurricaned and didn't exist for a month or so? Yeah, remember how only 20% of the population remains? That might have something to do with it... Maybe they could throw a 747 to BTR too??

I_Love_Lamp said:
Remember last year when New Orleans got hurricaned and didn't exist for a month or so? Yeah, remember how only 20% of the population remains? That might have something to do with it... Maybe they could throw a 747 to BTR too??

You forget that there are TONS of people living on the Northshore who fly. So it makes sense NOW to increase capacity.

flyguyMN said:
You forget that there are TONS of people living on the Northshore who fly. So it makes sense NOW to increase capacity.

YOURE RIGHT. MSY-NRT 7 TIMES DAILY oneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneone

Latest resources

Back