NWA Position Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh YAWN.

Let me explain the point. I don't think you understand, still.

NWA is interviewing lots of people. Many from many places, except not Champion, Pinnacle, or Mesaba. I don't care that you got hired with low time. I am speaking out for the masses.

THE POINT is that NWA is intentionally not INTERVIEWING literally hundreds of pilots with 10,000 plus hours simply because they work for NWA red-tail family companies.

Its great that you got hired.

Once, I sat in an airbus jumpseat next to a former Chatauqua guy. He was telling me how great it was that he got hired with about 2,500 hrs and how easy it was...and maybe I should apply too. Well, at the time I had an app on file and about 5,000 hrs. But why would they hire me with a couple of types, a check-airman letter and a spotless training record. I sat there and tried really hard not to hate his stupidity. He didn't have a clue what an average new-hire needed to qualify.

Oh yeah, he didn't have the same color skin as me.

Life isn't fair. But that doesn't mean that people getting screwed should sit quietly.

And people like me wouldn't roll our eyes collectively when you take a post about the situation personally, or try to make nice by saying "dude, I totally understand how you feel..I have been working for my airline for a whole 4 or 5 years and my major won't hire me"

blah blah blah blah

Bottom line, i was trying to be nice and you decided to bust my chops about it when i was taking your side.:confused: I cant control how NWA hires or who they interview. I am just a pilot like you trying to move up the career chain. Again I hope you get on and I meant no ill towards you or your situation. Good luck

Bottom line, i was trying to be nice and you decided to bust my chops about it when i was taking your side.:confused: I cant control how NWA hires or who they interview. I am just a pilot like you trying to move up the career chain. Again I hope you get on and I meant no ill towards you or your situation. Good luck

If my dry sense of reality hurt your feelings, I AM REALLY sorry. It is also amazing what you INFER without my IMPLICATIONS. Of course its not your fault. It wasn't the fault of that guy in the jumpseat next to me either. If you have an opportunity, you should take it.

Ok, here comes the dry part....

Don't try too hard to empathize with people who aren't too much like you. Its probably best to hear, remember, and get wiser. Trust me, you will have many opportunities to learn about RED/BLUE BOOK, why some NWA pilots don't say "Delta" on the radio, and other fine tidbits.

Oh, and if you bought your job at CALEX, you might want to leave that out too.

Best of luck at NWA. For the most part, the pilots are a class act, highly intelligent, decent guys and girls.

If my dry sense of reality hurt your feelings, I AM REALLY sorry. It is also amazing what you INFER without my IMPLICATIONS. Of course its not your fault. It wasn't the fault of that guy in the jumpseat next to me either. If you have an opportunity, you should take it.

Ok, here comes the dry part....

Don't try too hard to empathize with people who aren't too much like you. Its probably best to hear, remember, and get wiser. Trust me, you will have many opportunities to learn about RED/BLUE BOOK, why some NWA pilots don't say "Delta" on the radio, and other fine tidbits.

Oh, and if you bought your job at CALEX, you might want to leave that out too.

Best of luck at NWA. For the most part, the pilots are a class act, highly intelligent, decent guys and girls.

"Hurt My Feelings"? Not so much... :rolleyes:

Bought My Job?? Not so much... :smash:

Your posts continue to be condescending so i will leave it alone. Just because i am not in the same "boat" as you doesnt me you have to be on opposite sides of the fence like you attempt it to be. Honestly No one in my interview group probably had more time than you so I guess none of us should offer advice or try and be understanding? Thanks for the last comment though I am looking forward to it. I hope you manage to come over as well.

"Hurt My Feelings"? Not so much... :rolleyes:

Bought My Job?? Not so much... :smash:

Your posts continue to be condescending so i will leave it alone. Just because i am not in the same "boat" as you doesnt me you have to be on opposite sides of the fence like you attempt it to be. Honestly No one in my interview group probably had more time than you so I guess none of us should offer advice or try and be understanding? Thanks for the last comment though I am looking forward to it. I hope you manage to come over as well.

If you really want to have the last post, you can reply to this and win!

Your signal to noise ratio is pretty high by the way. Maybe you should find more productive things to do.

Homework assignment for Superpilot...read all posts by my hero "Occam's Razor," who is truly a wise man.

And honestly, you can have the last reply and I will stop trying to help you understand my point.

If you really want to have the last post, you can reply to this and win!

Your signal to noise ratio is pretty high by the way. Maybe you should find more productive things to do.

Homework assignment for Superpilot...read all posts by my hero "Occam's Razor," who is truly a wise man.

And honestly, you can have the last reply and I will stop trying to help you understand my point.

Homework Complete.;) I have already read all of his posts and he has helped many of us understand the application and interview process and his insight is very much appreciated. We have found something to agree on!!:beer: In all seriousness, Good Luck to you.

Dudes!

I'm still trying to get my arms around what's going here regarding MSA, PCL, and Champion pilots.

I suspect hiring Champion pilots may be a negotiating issue at this point. We've broached it with NWA management, and I"m not sure what progress is being made. Our MEC is meeting at this moment, and a special deal might be in the cards. I just don't know.

As for MSA and PCL...if there are no pilots from those carriers getting called in, there will be problems if it continues.

The last time it happened, Wychor had to drop the "L" word to unlock the door.

The NWA Membership Committee (whose chairman reads this forum) has access to data that lists the source of all pilots hired...but not all those called for an interview. The MSA and PCL MEC's should have access to that data.

Dudes!

I'm still trying to get my arms around what's going here regarding MSA, PCL, and Champion pilots.

I suspect hiring Champion pilots may be a negotiating issue at this point. We've broached it with NWA management, and I"m not sure what progress is being made. Our MEC is meeting at this moment, and a special deal might be in the cards. I just don't know.

As for MSA and PCL...if there are no pilots from those carriers getting called in, there will be problems if it continues.

The last time it happened, Wychor had to drop the "L" word to unlock the door.

The NWA Membership Committee (whose chairman reads this forum) has access to data that lists the source of all pilots hired...but not all those called for an interview. The MSA and PCL MEC's should have access to that data.

M, thanks for watching out for us. If anyone over here is getting interviewed, they sure aren't talking about it.

I hope they do interview PNCL guys. I'm back from leave and would really like to see a couple friends get a chance. Occam, let us know what we can do when you talk to HR.

For what its worth I interviewed with a Champion guy, I do not know if he got the job although I haven't seen him around the training center.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back