• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

psycho

Whup Dat Trick
Where are you guys?

I am sick. Consign me to hell in the Canadair Loser jet if you will. Work rules suck and pay scales are pitiful. Now come YOUR Mechanics and you bail on them TOO. Guess Steenland has your support come the 20TH. Good luck when it's your turn.

You brought this up, and I'm going to say it again. What is the difference between you guys crossing the picket line, and the EAL guys that crossed?

I don't really care, I belive within each person they have a reason, some very good reasons to show up for work. It's just on a whole that most of you call someone like myself a scab (behind my back) because I went to work at CO, even though it was AFTER the strike. You call a EAL manager a SCAB when he/she flew, and they were outside of the contract.

But now you guys throw up your arms and say "oh this is not our fight" so we'll fly. What a bunch of hypocrites. And belive me I should know, I am one too, and work with plenty of them.

Last edited:
YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING!!!

There are times to go on strike, and other times not to. You do not go on strike during hard economic times for you company. This is a sinking ship and you believe that we should put more torpedoes in it? If the pilots wanted to put up a fight, they wouldn't have renegotiated their own contract. C'mon people think!

Unions are dead. Haven't you been reading about the AFL-CIO? The unions of this country have pretty much outsourced a lot of labor from this country to China! When you go to Wal-Mart and by the $5 made in China t-shirt instead of the $7 made in America tshirt, I guess I should call you a scab for that too!

The pilot profession is dead. Mechanics will be paid more that pilots eventually...why? Because their talents can be crossed over to other professions. Why should a mechanic work for $50/hour at Continental when he can go to BMW and get $65/hour with better working conditions. Pilots don't have that luxury, and therefore will be paid less and less in the future until you are pretty much just a bus driver.

Let's say the pilots did threaten a walkout...the company declares bankrupcy the day before the strike and the contract that we DID negotiate is tossed in favor of us making something less than what UA pilots are currently making...HOW WOULD THAT HELP THE PILOT INDUSTRY?

The only rational that I see other carriers wishing that the NWA pilots walk is to see NWA go Chapt 13 and create a lot of supply for their own selfish purposes.

Let's see what our options are

A) cross the mechanics line and hope the company stays afloat

B) Honor the picket line and start a new career as a Wal-Mart greeter.

Uh, Gee, I think I'll take option A.

SMMustang said:
YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING!!!

There are times to go on strike, and other times not to. You do not go on strike during hard economic times for you company. This is a sinking ship and you believe that we should put more torpedoes in it? If the pilots wanted to put up a fight, they wouldn't have renegotiated their own contract. C'mon people think!

Unions are dead. Haven't you been reading about the AFL-CIO? The unions of this country have pretty much outsourced a lot of labor from this country to China! When you go to Wal-Mart and by the $5 made in China t-shirt instead of the $7 made in America tshirt, I guess I should call you a scab for that too!

The pilot profession is dead. Mechanics will be paid more that pilots eventually...why? Because their talents can be crossed over to other professions. Why should a mechanic work for $50/hour at Continental when he can go to BMW and get $65/hour with better working conditions. Pilots don't have that luxury, and therefore will be paid less and less in the future until you are pretty much just a bus driver.

Let's say the pilots did threaten a walkout...the company declares bankrupcy the day before the strike and the contract that we DID negotiate is tossed in favor of us making something less than what UA pilots are currently making...HOW WOULD THAT HELP THE PILOT INDUSTRY?

The only rational that I see other carriers wishing that the NWA pilots walk is to see NWA go Chapt 13 and create a lot of supply for their own selfish purposes.

Let's see what our options are

A) cross the mechanics line and hope the company stays afloat

B) Honor the picket line and start a new career as a Wal-Mart greeter.

Uh, Gee, I think I'll take option A.

You forgot C) Wait until NWA decides to strong arm you guys by hiring/training replacement pilots.

I am sick. Consign me to hell in the Canadair Loser jet if you will. Work rules suck and pay scales are pitiful.
So it's the NWA mainline pilot's fault that your life sucks....got it. If it's so bad, why don't you quit ?

Now come YOUR Mechanics and you bail on them TOO.
Guess Steenland has your support come the 20TH
I assume that we are letting the RJ guys down......explain how. And we are bailing on the mechanics ? Explain how. The only thing ALPA has stated is that support for the mechanics, or lack thereof, won't be decided until after the strike deadline.

Good luck when it's your turn.
We'll need it, since there doesn't seem to be any support from anybody else.
Seems like everybody enjoys busting our balls, of course, until it comes time to ask for the Jumpseat.
320AV8R

Last edited:
320AV8R said:
We'll need it, since there doesn't seem to be any support from anybody else.
Seems like everybody enjoys busting our balls, of course, until it comes time to ask for the Jumpseat.
320AV8R

What's the jumpseat got to do with it? You guys are some of the biggest commuters out there. My guess is your not driving from DTW/MSP to Florida.

WillowRunVortex said:
What's the jumpseat got to do with it? You guys are some of the biggest commuters out there. My guess is your not driving from DTW/MSP to Florida.

There are a select few on this board that take every opportunity to find fault with any and everything NWA and any of its pilots does.

But if it's 10:30 pm, and you're stuck in Bumfuctegypt, and a NWA airplane is the only way out, somehow their opinion changes; for the time being.

320AV8R

320AV8R said:
There are a select few on this board that take every opportunity to find fault with any and everything NWA and any of its pilots does.

But if it's 10:30 pm, and you're stuck in Bumfuctegypt, and a NWA airplane is the only way out, somehow their opinion changes; for the time being.

320AV8R

Well thats not me. My family has a personal stake in what is transpiring at NWA. The simple fact of the matter is the NWA pilots are empowering NWA management, albeit indirectly. Anyone who has ANY excperience with the culture of NWA management knows that is a group that needs to be taken down a few notches not given more leverage.

psycho said:
Where are you guys?

I am sick. Consign me to hell in the Canadair Loser jet if you will. Work rules suck and pay scales are pitiful. Now come YOUR Mechanics and you bail on them TOO. Guess Steenland has your support come the 20TH. Good luck when it's your turn.

Psycho,

What would you do? We cannot thump our chests and say we are going on strike during AMFA negotiations. NWA alpa position is to not say one way or another what we will do.

Who else are we "bailing on"? You have to be kidding me if you think we bailed on your work rules and pay?

I personally think it stinks that the company wants to outsource more of our mechanic's jobs. I like seeing a NWA mech showing up when we are broke somewhere.

I remember all the "support" we got when we went on strike.

Dave B

NWA pilots are empowering NWA management, albeit indirectly.
Don't exactly know what you mean......of course, it's hard to see things clearly after all the years of abuse.

Anyone who has ANY excperience with the culture of NWA management knows that is a group that needs to be taken down a few notches not given more leverage.
WillowRunVortex and I agree on something !!!!

320AV8R

Latest resources

Back