• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA Pilots Authorize Strike.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CNN reported that the union and company had an 11am deadline to present their last offers. Anyword on if they are delaying the court ruling yet?

Looking in from the outside is a lot different from being here.

Everybody has had enough of the Employee Jihad. We have two paycuts in place, only get 75% of our sick pay, have nothing going into our retirement, no crew meals, NEWCO this NEWCO that, etc.....

Osama Bin Steenland wants more....... a lot more. There is a difference in adjusting your contractual provisions to become competitive & avoid CH 7...... it's another thing to have mgmt demand more than is required, just because they're in CH 11 & feel they can take advantage of the situation.

People here have had enough..... hence the strike vote. I am certain that if mgmt imposes a contract, we will strike. Mgmt will get an injunction, & the legal battle will begin.

320AV8R

I dont know much about NWA and the strike but investors are predicting the demise of NWA this morning. UAL stocks have been increasing in the last couple of hours with the projection of a NWA strike. As i said earlier, i can only give you the financial interests and wish all the boys and gals at NWA good luck.

320AV8R said:
Looking in from the outside is a lot different from being here.

Everybody has had enough of the Employee Jihad. We have two paycuts in place, only get 75% of our sick pay, have nothing going into our retirement, no crew meals, NEWCO this NEWCO that, etc.....

Osama Bin Steenland wants more....... a lot more. There is a difference in adjusting your contractual provisions to become competitive & avoid CH 7...... it's another thing to have mgmt demand more than is required, just because they're in CH 11 & feel they can take advantage of the situation.

People here have had enough..... hence the strike vote. I am certain that if mgmt imposes a contract, we will strike. Mgmt will get an injunction, & the legal battle will begin.

320AV8R

Looks like the FA's have not had enough. The jihad is alive and well. Mgmt will not impose a contract on the pilots....the pilots will don the suicide vest in the form of a TA later today.

An extention is likely, unless the judge determines that the nwa pilot deal is fair. Then he will rule not to reject the CBA, however, if he feels the companies current offer is fair, he will reject the CBA. An extention is likely.

Local news is reporting that the FA's have signed a TA. No word on the pilots as of yet. If the post from Mickey is alluding to this, I apologize.

NWA FA T/A:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060301/ap_on_bi_ge/northwest_labor

MINNEAPOLIS - Negotiators for flight attendants reached a pay-cut deal with Northwest Airlines Corp. on Wednesday as the carrier continued talks with the pilots' union.

All the details were not immediately released. However, the airline said it got the $195 million in annual savings it had been seeking. The union said Northwest dropped its demand to use more non-U.S. flight attendants on overseas flights, which had been at the core of its strike threat.

Dizel8 said:
However, the airline said it got the $195 million in annual savings it had been seeking.

That $$$ figure can be manipulated. It's a matter of costing certain elements of a contract. My hunch is the FAs took less of a pay cut then the company wanted and held the ground on the scope issues that were important to them. I wonder if they got some snap backs or options when NWA exits BK.

FDJ2 said:
That $$$ figure can be manipulated. It's a matter of costing certain elements of a contract. My hunch is the FAs took less of a pay cut then the company wanted and held the ground on the scope issues that were important to them. I wonder if they got some snap backs or options when NWA exits BK.

Looks like their FA's had their own "scope" issues. (although I am sure some new "Singapore Air" type stews would have looks great in those red uniforms) The Grandmas are here to stay!!!! Yippppeeeeee???

Bye Bye--General Lee

Sorry

320 an red dog I did not intend to slam the NWA pilots. I only tried to share what has happened to others. this will happen to you guys too( I predict)

I hope I am wrong and somebody in this god forsaken industry says enough.

Let Management find revenue, not cut employees pay.
I for one am sick of subsidizing fuel cost so pax can get a 40 dollar ticket from msp to ord at the last minute.

I just don't see it happening yet. management has hired the same firm that have busted down the employees at other bankrupt carriers. they will use the same tactics to bust you guys down.

I am sorry if this offends but it is my prediction.
I hope I am wrong

Latest resources

Back