• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA Pilots Authorize Strike.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think 92+% in favor of striking, out of 90% voting, is amazing. Considering that, this time, it's probably a mandate to burn the hangar to the ground. Nobody takes that kind of decision lightly.

A more important number to shoot for is 0% scabs.

180ToTheMarker said:
He didn't ask you JB.

And I didn't ask you.... you're at AirTran now, so this doesn't affect you... YET! It will in time and there isn't anything your precious ALPA can do for you. By the way, are you trying to get ALPA on the property at Citrus ????

Whatever????????????

bla bla bla
we've seen this all before at other airlines.

company threatens bankruptcy

Pilots take pay cuts(voluntary)

company file chapter 11

threatens more pay and benefit cuts

Company lets slip what they want from a judge( contract that sucks really bad)

company threatens 1113 motion to void contract.

union starts to negotiate more cuts.

Union stands strong and says we will strike if 1113 imposed

Union Touts 90+ percent strike vote

company say pilots are greedy and don't care about the rest of the company's employees( company wants to start war within employees)

The day the judge is supposed to rule on 1113 some thing happens (ie..
tentative agreement, ruling postponed, bla bla bla)

Union comes to membership with a ta ( ta sucks bad but not as bad as the company wish list)

Member ship votes for the negotiated crap contract by just above 50%
justifies this crap by saying" it beats finding a new job" or "We will live to fight a new day" or bla bla bla.)

Bottom line is: we all know that there will not be a strike! The strike vote is like giving kids a chance to pick crayons from the new box or the old bucket. it just doesn't matter the out come.

you NWA pilots don't have the nerve. in the end the company will roll over you like they did the mechanics!
have fun licking you wounds.

I am really sorry that this is going to happen to you guys. but why shouldn't it? It is what happened to the airline pilots who's company's have filed bankruptcy.

Oh Brother

vtwo..
that was, with out a doubt, the dumbest post I have seen on here yet...

Baja -

I never said 90% wasn't alot - but considering the reprecussions of what could be coming in the next few days, 100% turnout really isn't too much to ask for, plus that sends a MUCH stronger signal to management. When UPS took their strike vote, I think it was 99% voted and 99% voted to strike. THAT is unity and would send Eagan a firm signal as such.

not a slam, just an observation. Good luck!

Baja,

I also wish the vote had been stronger if only to better convince Frankensteenland and the rest of the management pudknockers that NWA ALPA will strike if the contract is voided. The company says such a strike would be illegal but I don't care. If the contract is voided, I'm not letting my wife out the door. She will not fly for this management's idea of fair wages.

maybe mechanics will back up your strike like you backed them.

i'll try again

there will be no strike at NWA because the pilots don't have the nerve.
the company has seen this before at other airlines
Chest thumping is all this is .
when it comes down to nity grity you guys will take what is handed to you and be licking your wounds.

Latest resources

Back