• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder what Delta will do??

wow

aerobaticspilot said:
get out from behind your desk and try to do what we do. loser
name calling..ouch.

vtwo

"Northwest pilots have struck five times, most recently in 1998."..although the times for the airlines are much different than they have been in the past when most all majors were actually making money...these are very different times for all of the Unions to be going over contracts and trying to get what they can under the relm of chapter 11.....especially when MGT keeps spouting how they need to pay all of these "top notch" exec's their bonuses to keep them on board...since it looks like they are doing such a fine job. It isnt in the best interest of the pilots to strike...but it may be the only option...

BoilerUP said:
Baja - When UPS took their strike vote, I think it was 99% voted and 99% voted to strike. THAT is unity and would send Eagan a firm signal as such.

The UPS pilots weren't facing what the NWA pilots are facing tommorrow. I'm not taking anything away from the UPS pilots, I think they're great and have demonstrated a great deal of unity, but it's an apples to oranges comparison.

Considering the fact that this vote came in on the eve of a court decision and the repercussions of a strike under these circumstances, having this type of a result is impressive.

I hope not since all my airline points are with Delta. We (NJ as a company) have not ridden on NWA since the Mechanics strike. We are still not riding on them.

Kinda sad because it looks like we are the only ones honoring the strike.

Karma is a Biattch

Nobody will strike. It would be the end. Do you really think all those guys/gals want to lose it all. They will work for peanuts rather than work for nothing. Lets face reality. The end is here for our high income dreams. Let hope we can all afford it. Time to go from the Porcshe to the Pontiac. I cant even spell Porcshe so I can't afford it.

JoeMerchant said:
By the way, are you trying to get ALPA on the property at Citrus ????
I think most folks at AirTran are happy with our in-house union. Like yourself, I'm not a big fan of ALPA. We just have different reasons for our dislike of DW.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back