• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA MEC Buffoons

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Figure 8 I believe is total cost per aircraft mile, which takes into account a variety of different costs, not just fuel. Nevertheless, as you pointed out, the MD88 has about 50% more capacity, but figure 8 only shows about 20% more cost to move 50% more seats. Keep in mind that's at much lower fuel costs than we have today. If you continue through the analysis, the author shows that with increasing fuel costs, the fuel inefficiencies of the DC-9 series really begin to catch up with them.

Excellent debate though. I appreciate your willingness to debate the data and abstain from personal attacks.

Yes, the author specifically states that the fuel will catch up with the DC-9 (but it will also catch up with the MD80). Bottom line is that this report is old, actually ancient by todays standard and events of the industry. It provides a nice overview. Thing is, the DC9 and MD80 really have different missions therefore they are tough to compare. We could just as well have the same argument over the DC9 and the 50 seat rj. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to delve further into the information presented. The orginal point I was trying to make (in a very obtuse way) is that you need to ask questions about the information presented, in order to determine the relativeness in the discussion. Similar to the veritas and non sense that is being published by the DALPA Elected officials.

Take care and I really hope that this can be worked out sooner rather than later so that we may all move on with our lives (either flying for our new company or back out on the street).

Take care and I really hope that this can be worked out sooner rather than later so that we may all move on with our lives (either flying for our new company or back out on the street).

Yeah, you make good points, it is an old study, although I doubt that changes the fuel efficiency question. Nevertheless, time to move on. Thanks for the discussion and lets move on to creating a world class, truly global airline.:)

Yeah, you make good points, it is an old study, although I doubt that changes the fuel efficiency question. Nevertheless, time to move on. Thanks for the discussion and lets move on to creating a world class, truly global airline.:)

Absolutely agree with your last statement. Good luck to us all. :beer:

YGBSM-

"veritas" isn't worthy to line my parakeet cage.

There was more SPIN in that rag than on the Tilt-A-Whirl at the county fair.

Stop drinking the Kool-Aid.....or you'll end up in Jonestown.

Face reality & examine your EGO.

YGBSM-

"veritas" isn't worthy to line my parakeet cage.

There was more SPIN in that rag than on the Tilt-A-Whirl at the county fair.

Stop drinking the Kool-Aid.....or you'll end up in Jonestown.

Face reality & examine your EGO.

Jonestown? In Guyana? Hey, we announced TODAY that we will be flying there from JFK. Thanks for noticing.....

Press ReleaseSource: Delta Air Lines, Inc.

Delta Air Lines Begins Nonstop Service From New York-JFK to Georgetown, Guyana

Thursday May 29, 9:48 am ET

NEW YORK, May 29, 2008 (PRIME NEWSWIRE) -- Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL - News) launches nonstop service from New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport to Georgetown, Guyana, Sunday, June 1, 2008, as part of its continued expansion in the South American continent.

Guyana is the third-smallest country on the mainland of South America and is situated on the Atlantic Ocean, north of the equator and east of Venezuela. As one of four countries in South America where Spanish is not the primary language, Guyana is culturally similar to English-speaking Caribbean countries.

``We continue to add destinations departing out of New York's JFK, expanding the worldwide reach of this growing Delta hub. In addition to flying now to Guyana, soon we will begin new nonstop service to Bogota, Colombia, increasing to 18 the number of destinations between JFK and Latin America and the Caribbean,'' said Christophe Didier, Delta's vice president of Sales and Government Affairs for Latin America and the Caribbean.

Delta's schedule between New York-JFK and Georgetown starting June 1:

Flight Departs Arrives Frequency* DL383 New York-JFK Georgetown Wednesday, at 1:10 a.m. at 7 a.m.

Friday, Sunday DL384 Georgetown New York-JFK Wednesday, at 9 a.m. at 2:45 p.m. Friday, Sunday *A weekly flight on Tuesdays will be added beginning on July 1.

I hear your DC9s may start some new service too----to Marana, AZ. Let's hope later on versus sooner...
And 320, did your negotiators start the whole process with "So, let's figure out which arbitrator we should use....." Did they? I thought so. They weren't prepared and they can't negotiate themselves out of a paper bag.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
JI hear your DC9s may start some new service too----to Marana, AZ. Let's hope later on versus sooner...Bye Bye--General Lee

When are you going to wake up and realize those DC9s are about to be DAL aircraft? Is it so funny then? They arent just going to be parked right away and you yourself have said that. Childish Dialect gets very old as i am sure you know.

When are you going to wake up and realize those DC9s are about to be DAL aircraft? Is it so funny then? They arent just going to be parked right away and you yourself have said that. Childish Dialect gets very old as i am sure you know.

Look, I don't want any planes parked, but we all KNOW that the DC9s are the next to go. I don't want our guys mixed up in that, sorry. IF they aren't parked soon, then BONUS. Admit it, you have some planes that aren't great during high gas----and that makes a bunch of us a little bit wary......

Bye Bye---General Lee

Look, I don't want any planes parked, but we all KNOW that the DC9s are the next to go. I don't want our guys mixed up in that, sorry. IF they aren't parked soon, then BONUS. Admit it, you have some planes that aren't great during high gas----and that makes a bunch of us a little bit wary......

Bye Bye---General Lee

Our scope prevents them being parked without Mainline replacements unless 70 seaters are parked first. So if they are parked it would only be because the DAL scope language allows it. Plus both your MEC and our MEC has stated under a merged list we would be short of pilots either way right? lets stop the fight infighting and babble. Lets getter dun.

General-

So you got a new route.....BFD. And it's to a real garden spot too.

My point was that we don't believe everything we're told.... until it's proven to us. You guys soak up every word of "The Gospel according to Lee" without any regard for verification.

Apples & oranges.

Latest resources

Back