• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA-Delta Merger = Very few job cuts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Define "anywhere near". Your hourly rates are around 10% more. Great. I wish we had'em. Meanwhile we still have pensions. Guys leaving with 8 to 12k/month. My point? With the give and take of our 2 contracts it doesn't begin to explain the difference in profit. Or operating margin for that matter.

Aren't both sad compared to SWA/UPS/FedEx?

Hey NU,

I'm sure you've already figured it out but JKE406 does not have many good things to say. If you look through his posts, they are adversarial, leaning towards lame. I just blocked him today.

Sorry, JKE406, you've been blocked.

Tankerclown,

You come across as a very bitter person. I'm glad you beat cancer, I wouldn't wish that on my worse enemy. I would think that someone that beat something so bad in their life would have a better outlook about the small stuff and it's ALL SMALL STUFF. I wish you well and I hope you don't eat a hole in your stomach with your hatred.

Scott

Tankerclown,

You come across as a very bitter person. I'm glad you beat cancer, I wouldn't wish that on my worse enemy. I would think that someone that beat something so bad in their life would have a better outlook about the small stuff and it's ALL SMALL STUFF. I wish you well and I hope you don't eat a hole in your stomach with your hatred.

Scott

I appreciate your well wishes.

You are a mean-spirited person. I don't know how you beat cancer, but it surely wasn't due to your character, work ethic, personality or job prospects.

I'm speechless. I'm glad the toughest period for me and my family is a chance to take a shot at me. How do you sleep at night?

jke406/Tanker Clown....

You must have a ball logging in and out of flightinfo so you can debate yourself. It's most amusing to the rest of us.

Here's what will really happen with a NWA and DAL merger. NWA has already begun to trim its DC-9 fleet. If a merger is announced, the remaining 100 gas guzzling DC-9s will be phased out. Compass, Pinnicle, Mesaba, and Comair flying will replace the DC-9 flying. Memphis and Cincinnati hubs will close. All new hires at NWA will be furloughed or offered flying jobs at Compass with flowthrough. Grim, but that's what mergers are all about. Trim out the fat and gain synergies from the two companies.

Here's what will really happen with a NWA and DAL merger. NWA has already begun to trim its DC-9 fleet. If a merger is announced, the remaining 100 gas guzzling DC-9s will be phased out. Compass, Pinnicle, Mesaba, and Comair flying will replace the DC-9 flying. Memphis and Cincinnati hubs will close. All new hires at NWA will be furloughed or offered flying jobs at Compass with flowthrough. Grim, but that's what mergers are all about. Trim out the fat and gain synergies from the two companies.

You sound very sure of this speculation. Is this your educated guess?

Latest resources

Back