• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA-Delta Merger = Very few job cuts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If there's any heavy lifting to do on the efficiency side of things, I'd say they better eat their grits and get to it.

Nu

I bet Delta guys can't wait to fly with you. My guess is, they'll tell you to eat your lutefisk and have a nice hot cup of shut the f___ up.

I bet Delta guys can't wait to fly with you. My guess is, they'll tell you to eat your lutefisk and have a nice hot cup of shut the f___ up.

Heyas,

I could care less what they think, and will be happy to say so when asked. If they had any SA, they'd be praying this merger DOESN'T happen as much as the NWA guys.

At least, that's the consensus on this side of the fence.

Nu

DAL $418 million. NWA, with only %60 of the workforce of DAL, made $764 million.

If there's any heavy lifting to do on the efficiency side of things, I'd say they better eat their grits and get to it.

Nu

Maybe your lower pay and overall cost of your contract had something to do with that? And I thought our payrates were terrible!

Nice point 800Dog...

Those pay rates are pathetic. If they were anywhere near our rates at Delta, I'm sure their profit would have been reduced by a fair amount.

I hope if a merger happens you guys learn from our mistakes and try to work as a team. A NW-DAL combination could be a great thing for the employees.
Unless Doug decides to start running a company or find a decent merger partner, we'll probably be bought by American and tacked to the bottom below 2000 furloughs.

Not sure about job cuts or rumors of hiring stopping but, I just came from recurrent...

We are upping the hiring to 100 in March.

Those pay rates are pathetic. If they were anywhere near our rates at Delta, I'm sure their profit would have been reduced by a fair amount.
Define "anywhere near". Your hourly rates are around 10% more. Great. I wish we had'em. Meanwhile we still have pensions. Guys leaving with 8 to 12k/month. My point? With the give and take of our 2 contracts it doesn't begin to explain the difference in profit. Or operating margin for that matter.

Latest resources

Back