• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA-Delta Merger = Very few job cuts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just like AWA and USAir? Most of the people who got canned were management types and ground people, like ticket counter and ramp personel. The two hubs that are likely to have some overlap are MEM and CVG, and we only have 56 daily mainline flights at CVG. MEM is probably the same for NWA mainline flights. There is also a gaping hole on the West Coast, with room to add more of those mainline flights at LAX (gates currently occupied by Expressjet E145s, and currently flying routes to get our name out there). We'll see, but there will have to be something in writing to appease everyone involved, and those could be tied to incentives etc.\

Bye Bye--General Lee

Something in writing like say, a no furlough clause? Oh wait...nevermind.

HO HO HO! Hey, that's a good one! Man, that'll get a laugh every time...

Let's see, how much senior to B.D. White am I? :rolleyes: TC

Just like AWA and USAir? Most of the people who got canned were management types and ground people, like ticket counter and ramp personel.

Bye Bye--General Lee
I do not want to see anyone lose their job...NWA mngt already got rid of most of the ground staff at many of the out stations(which they are finding out now, was a big mistake). Customer service has suffered and there are many complaints by Pilots concerning the operations at many of these stations. Lets hope there is no mergers..

Hey TC,

have you been fully assimilated yet? How's your goose step going? I picture all of us TWA'ers in ground school kind of like Hogan's Heros in the Stalags. Is it as bad as we've been told?

Ya gotta love the propaganda mouthpiece for Management.....Ms. Fedor, did you get an "exclusive"???

Stand by for more "MERGER GOOD!!" rhetoric to be written.....

Scuba 'S"

You are one of the FEW that "get it"

More koolaid than a 1st grade dance social.....!

We still have a no furlough clause, and the Force Mejeur clause is probably still in there. They cannot furlough unless something huge happens (not price of gas)--like 9-11. If you didn't think 9-11 and the resulting downturn didn't happen, then you had blinders on. There will probably be job protections built in, and maybe fences (around the DC9s). That's the airline business as we have figured out--but we can still add things in the contract that can help. That's why lawyers make the big bucks....

Bye Bye--General Lee

How far back does the "no furlough clause" go?

Just like AWA and USAir? Most of the people who got canned were management types and ground people, like ticket counter and ramp personel. The two hubs that are likely to have some overlap are MEM and CVG, and we only have 56 daily mainline flights at CVG. MEM is probably the same for NWA mainline flights. There is also a gaping hole on the West Coast, with room to add more of those mainline flights at LAX (gates currently occupied by Expressjet E145s, and currently flying routes to get our name out there). We'll see, but there will have to be something in writing to appease everyone involved, and those could be tied to incentives etc.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I realize that Delta isn't very unionized...but my God man, don't you have any sympathy for your non pilot brothers. These guys have families too. With that type of attitude, I wouldn't expect much support from these folks if you guys go on strike to get back to 1989 wages.

Who knows how this whole thing will shake out. Maybe only pilots will get "canned."

How far back does the "no furlough clause" go?

To TBKANE, but you can bet it will be extended. If not, Moak would be castigated.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back