• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA-Delta Merger = Very few job cuts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To TBKANE, but you can bet it will be extended. If not, Moak would be castigated.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Right. Just like 70 seats is our line in the sand! General, look at the history of Delta pilot votes. Jr. folks are not our concern. Sad but true!

Right. Just like 70 seats is our line in the sand! General, look at the history of Delta pilot votes. Jr. folks are not our concern. Sad but true!

You can look at it any way you want, but with a BK judge pressuring you to do what the company wants, it is a totally different matter. Now it is different, thanks to Moak bragging he can stop any merger. Ok Lee Moak, prove to us that you can do it and force something good on us. You can bet he knows what direction a combination will bring. He probably has been "briefed", and we do have a pilot on the board of directors too. He should know what is coming.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Just like AWA and USAir? Most of the people who got canned were management types and ground people, like ticket counter and ramp personel. The two hubs that are likely to have some overlap are MEM and CVG, and we only have 56 daily mainline flights at CVG. MEM is probably the same for NWA mainline flights. There is also a gaping hole on the West Coast, with room to add more of those mainline flights at LAX (gates currently occupied by Expressjet E145s, and currently flying routes to get our name out there). We'll see, but there will have to be something in writing to appease everyone involved, and those could be tied to incentives etc.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

Recently, our Indy hub flying has begun to show signs of being switched to Compass Airlines.

Compass is also replacing flying out of DTW. Both A320 and DC9 routes.

The company has been placing Compass aircraft on NWA mainline flights with mainline flight numbers.

So, it seems that a pulldown of NWA domestic capacity is being done using Compass and Pinnacle airlines to replace mainline flying.

Scope was sold to get money for the senior pilots. You think furlough protection will be any different in a merger?

I realize that Delta isn't very unionized...but my God man, don't you have any sympathy for your non pilot brothers. These guys have families too. With that type of attitude, I wouldn't expect much support from these folks if you guys go on strike to get back to 1989 wages.

Who knows how this whole thing will shake out. Maybe only pilots will get "canned."

We take care of us. Delta takes care of them because of us. That is why you would see minimal, if any, layoffs on the non-union side without layoffs on the union side. Not that it is any of your business.

My military bretherin tell me that tankers are for those who were not good enough for fighters. Is that true?

We take care of us. Delta takes care of them because of us. That is why you would see minimal, if any, layoffs on the non-union side without layoffs on the union side. Not that it is any of your business.

My military bretherin tell me that tankers are for those who were not good enough for fighters. Is that true?

Technically, the tankers are for those who we also not good enough for cargo jets. So you are only partially correct.

My civilian bretherin tell me that Delta is for are for those who aren't good enough for the UPS/FedEX/SWA.

Technically, the tankers are for those who we also not good enough for cargo jets. So you are only partially correct.

My civilian bretherin tell me that Delta is for are for those who aren't good enough for the UPS/FedEX/SWA.

I wouldn't know. I turned down all 3 of them. Went for the glamour, and just living the dream.

Latest resources

Back