• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA-Delta Merger = Very few job cuts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tanker Clown has -0- airline experience yet spends his days trying to prove he is better than any airline pilot on the forums.:cool:

Tanker Clown goes great on the Ignore list.;)

close to retirement and not even 3000 hours? As a tanker pilot? Got to be one of those losers who got a job as the OGCC's butt boy, and spends more time in the office than in the cockpit. Why else would you have so much time to post on here? You obviously have a hard on for airline pilots. Probably some guy in your squadron who left for the airlines years ago banged your wife.

You sure you're a pilot? Cause you talk a lot like the non rated weenies I knew in the Air Force.

michael707767, thank you for your concern about my flying hour program. If you must know, I had cancer (a very survivable one) and it took me a while to get back on flying status. For that, I apologize. The AF makes you jump through a million hoops to come back after that.

On another note, I see that you flew the mighty E-3. While yes, tanker folk aren't exactly the top of the food chain, the AWACS holds it's own special place. The E-3 is the only jet that the whole rated world looks down on. They tend to attract the absolute last guy to graduate from pilot training. Good job micheal707767, you must have done quite well.

Last edited:
I usually listen to anyone's opinion, especially on this opinion forum. But, both Tanker Clown and JKE406 bring absolutely nothing to this board, and even I now use ignore, which has blocked out their nonsense. I am sure many people ignore me too, which is fine with me. Serenity NOW!

Bye Bye--General Lee

I usually listen to anyone's opinion, especially on this opinion forum. But, both Tanker Clown and JKE406 bring absolutely nothing to this board, and even I now use ignore, which has blocked out their nonsense. I am sure many people ignore me too, which is fine with me. Serenity NOW!

Bye Bye--General Lee

That's exactly the line you used as 737 Pylt. Man, you need to change it up if you want me to believe that you aren't 737 Pylt.

You must have really impressed your commander when it came time for assignments. What did you do? Why did they punish you? Did you get a DUI?

He was real impressed when I volunteered to take an assignment that other guys had DOS'd over. But I avoided extending my commitment and got out right on schedule. That was all that mattered to me.

Almost to retirement and haven't ever flown fighters? Lemme guess, by choice, right? HaHaHaHaHaHa

Ok now!!!! :erm: ..make sure you are pointedly making fun of tanker clown only....there are some of us that are near retirement and indeed DID turn down fighters.

I thank the gods for the tankers that appeared in my windscreen on stormy nights over the Atlantic or on scary nights over Afghanistan.....I dont applaud this person's sarcasm and desire to pick fights, so he is blocked. You should try it.

He was real impressed when I volunteered to take an assignment that other guys had DOS'd over. But I avoided extending my commitment and got out right on schedule. That was all that mattered to me.

My buddy was told, by his WG/CC after a 5 yr FAIP tour "You will pick a fighter or you will no longer by my #1 pick...and you'll get what you get" So he picked one...hated it...SIEd and they let him come into AFSOC, which was undermanned at the time. He's taking over a SQ soon.
You guys got a raw deal.....

Nice....

Just like AWA and USAir? Most of the people who got canned were management types and ground people, like ticket counter and ramp personel. The two hubs that are likely to have some overlap are MEM and CVG, and we only have 56 daily mainline flights at CVG. MEM is probably the same for NWA mainline flights. There is also a gaping hole on the West Coast, with room to add more of those mainline flights at LAX (gates currently occupied by Expressjet E145s, and currently flying routes to get our name out there). We'll see, but there will have to be something in writing to appease everyone involved, and those could be tied to incentives etc.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I wouldn't hold that merger up as an example of something that went well. Their stock went to around $65 and is now back $16-if I am not mistaken.

More inane ramblings from an ego-freak who has the business acumen of a spotted lizard.....
-Thank You
Genital Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back