NWA/DAL negotiations update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetflier

Well, it's been too quiet lately, no new news from our MEC.

Assuming that the negotiations are on going at this point, the MEC's are talking, and the cost saving synergies are becoming more important to DAL and NWA executives a joint pilot working agreement should be coming soon.

Any other info ?

Assuming that the negotiations are on going at this point, the MEC's are talking, and the cost saving synergies are becoming more important to DAL and NWA executives a joint pilot working agreement should be coming soon.

Any other info ?

It's all about the $$$. Will the value of the synergies of a joint contract outweigh the costs of the contract? Eventually yes.:)

Obviously not today, because there hasn't been corporate closure of this merger and we don't have a single operating certificate.

LOA 19 doesn't become effective until the date of corporate closure. Why? Because there is no value in LOA 19 to the company until the date of corporate closure and they can't cash in on its value until then.

Likewise, I doubt that a joint contract will become effective until the synergies of a joint contract can be cashed in on.

When is that?

My guess, sometime between the date of corporate closure or when Delta gets a single operating certificate. It would be great if we get it sooner, we might even negotiate it sooner, but I believe much like LOA 19, it wont become effective until the value can be realized by the corporation.

It's the synergy of a single airline that Delta really wants. Why? Because without a joint contract and single seniority list the fleets can't be rationally deployed and the true value of the merger exploited.

It's not about labor strife at NWA this summer. Does anyone really believe Delta cares about labor strife at NWA this summer? It's about the efficient use of the fleets, people and routes. That's where the money is and that's why we'll get a joint contract.

Last edited:
LOA 19 doesn't become effective until the date of corporate closure. Why? Because there is no value in LOA 19 to the company until the date of corporate closure and they can't cash in on its value until then.

Likewise, I doubt that a joint contract will become effective until the synergies of a joint contract can be cashed in on.

When is that?

My guess, sometime between the date of corporate closure or when Delta gets a single operating certificate. It would be great if we get it sooner, we might even negotiate it sooner, but I believe much like LOA 19, it wont become effective until the value can be realized by the corporation.

It's the synergy of a single airline that Delta really wants. Why? Because without a joint contract and single seniority list the fleets can't be rationally deployed and the true value of the merger exploited.

I thought, according to you guys, "LOA 19 will never go into effect because it will be superceded by a joint contract."

Sounds like you're no longer saying that. Sounds more like you're saying LOA 19 will go into effect at DCC to give Delta pilots a raise while NWA pilots wait around for the jointly negotiated contract to kick in sometime down the road.

Sounds a little like "harmonization" to me.

It's not about labor strife at NWA this summer. Does anyone really believe Delta cares about labor strife at NWA this summer? It's about the efficient use of the fleets, people and routes. That's where the money is and that's why we'll get a joint contract.

Will Delta care about labor strife after "date of corporate closure?" How are those new BK rules anyways?

Schwanker

I thought, according to you guys, "LOA 19 will never go into effect because it will be superceded by a joint contract."

Sounds like you're no longer saying that. Sounds more like you're saying LOA 19 will go into effect at DCC to give Delta pilots a raise while NWA pilots wait around for the jointly negotiated contract to kick in sometime down the road.

That's what FDJ2 is dreaming of. After all, he is far superior to all us lowly NWA folks who've wished we were Delta pilots our whole careers.

KEEP DELTA YOUR DELTA

Keep your eye on the ball. Who cares about pay rates, think sli. Pay comes and goes but an unfair sli last forever. A long harmonization period will be a minor inconveniance as compared to a lopsided sli.

Well the update i got said that both MECs should be meeting with DAL mgmt to hopefully present the joint contract to them on Thursday. We shall see.

Any other info ?

Heyas JF,

Contact your P2P rep. Things are moving along, and we should know what direction we're going by the end of the week.

Nu

Latest resources

Back