• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA/DAL negotiations update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My hope was that you would negotiate your own LOA 19 instead of rushing the entire group into a 4-5 year contract in these industry conditions.

This naive position is the problem. Management loves divide and conquer techniques. If DALPA didn't let greed get in the way, both pilot groups could have negotiated a joint contract utilizing max leverage. This coupled leverage would have helped seal in scope gains and job protections. Instead DALPA choose to exclude the NWA pilots and lay in bed with management via LOA 19. This allowed management to neutralize most the leverage DALPA brought to the table. It will be interesting how this plays out, but a golden opportunity was missed. It could turn real ugly real fast.
Schwanker

This naive position is the problem. Management loves divide and conquer techniques. If DALPA didn't let greed get in the way, both pilot groups could have negotiated a joint contract utilizing max leverage. This coupled leverage would have helped seal in scope gains and job protections. Instead DALPA choose to exclude the NWA pilots and lay in bed with management via LOA 19. This allowed management to neutralize most the leverage DALPA brought to the table. It will be interesting how this plays out, but a golden opportunity was missed. It could turn real ugly real fast.
Schwanker

Hey, another BS angry "it could turn ugly real fast" post from the master. I could care less whether you turn it ugly at NWA. Have at it.

You say DALPA chose to get in bed with management and exclude the NWA pilots, I say you had plenty of opportunity to capitalize on the leverage brought by the DL pilots, and chose to make yourselves irrelevent, costing us all money in the process.

You say DALPA let greed get in the way. Delta pilots have very little to gain here as the lion's share of the contract improvements will go to your side. We were set to open Sec 6 next winter. Most likely a much better time than now. I say it was NWALPAs greed during the SLI negotiations that cost us all.

The mistake was thinking that we should be one big happy unified family from the onset. Your side made it clear from the beginning that they were out for the maximum they could get for their side and set the stage. Now you want to ride the coat tails of the DL pilots all the way to the bank and threaten us every step of the way. I got news for you. We're not going to be one big family until we battle it out for a single list, and we're not going to be a happy family until many, many years down the road. One of many reasons I was against this merger from the beginning.

Last edited:
"JUST" HR??? Yeahhhhhh

OMG, the MECs meeting with the HR VP? I'm sure they're scared to death.

You missed the point...(or are choosing to skip over it for the benefit of those who may not know)... Delta's EVP of HR (a title they give him to make it seem innocuous), Mike Campbell, is one of the founding members of ANTI=Pilot UNION BUSTING law firm Ford & Harrison (for those who want to know more see appropriately titled thread).

If you or any other DL guys believe he is on your side, guess again...you are simply pawns for step 2 of whatever nightmare he
has in store once you've drunk the Kool-Aid, and least expect it. Pilots at CO and many other airlines and fracs can tell you a great deal about how he (and his firm) operate by playing "buddies".

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=109308 <--re: Mike Campbell

and Yahoo coverage:

"Thursday June 5, 12:01 pm ET
Delta executives plan to meet with Northwest pilots ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) -- Two high-ranking Delta Air Lines Inc. executives are expected to meet with Northwest pilots.Delta and Northwest Airlines Corp. are planning to combine, but want their pilots to agree to a deal, too.
The Northwest pilot's union say Delta President and Chief Financial Officer Ed Bastian and Delta's head of human relations Mike Campbell will visit their union meeting later Thursday in St. Paul to make a presentation and answer questions. The meeting will be closed to the public and to pilots who are not on the union's Master Executive Council.
Northwest pilots have said they want raises to make their pay equal to Delta pilots. But Northwest pilots claim that Delta management wants to phase in the raises slowly.""

Last edited:
You missed the point...(or are choosing to skip over it for the benefit of those who may not know)... Delta's EVP of HR (a title they give him to make it seem innocuous), Mike Campbell, is one of the founding members of ANTI=Pilot UNION BUSTING law firm Ford & Harrison (for those who want to know more see appropriately titled thread).

If you or any other DL guys believe he is on your side, guess again...you are simply pawns for step 2 of whatever nightmare he has in store once you've drunk the Kool-Aid, and least expect it. Pilots at CO and many other airlines and fracs can tell you a great deal about how he (and his firm) operate by playing "buddies".

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=109308 <--re: Mike Campbell

and Yahoo coverage:

"Thursday June 5, 12:01 pm ET
Delta executives plan to meet with Northwest pilots ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) -- Two high-ranking Delta Air Lines Inc. executives are expected to meet with Northwest pilots.Delta and Northwest Airlines Corp. are planning to combine, but want their pilots to agree to a deal, too.
The Northwest pilot's union say Delta President and Chief Financial Officer Ed Bastian and Delta's head of human relations Mike Campbell will visit their union meeting later Thursday in St. Paul to make a presentation and answer questions. The meeting will be closed to the public and to pilots who are not on the union's Master Executive Council.
Northwest pilots have said they want raises to make their pay equal to Delta pilots. But Northwest pilots claim that Delta management wants to phase in the raises slowly.""

Yeah..thanks. Got it. I wasn't sure about it because you hadn't already posted that 30 times already.

Yeah..thanks. Got it. I wasn't sure about it because you hadn't already posted that 30 times already.

It was for he benefit of the NW Mainline pilots, who many not be on here 24/7. My apologies that you erroneously thought it was for yours.

It is to every pilot's benefit however, to be reminded of the name Ford & Harrison, and what they are about. Congrats that you know...however many others don't and many new people stop by here every day. The only reason you would have a problem with it, is if you are one of the many screen names that Ford & Harrison lackeys are behind, attempting to further their cause.

Carry on.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back