• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA/DAL/Hat?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, the point is that it is the accepted/expected attire for an Airline Pilot as a Lab coat is the accepted/expected attire for a Dr.. The corporate gigs are a lot different. You and I know that.
Why are you tying the lab coat to the airline hat as expected attire? It's quickly going the way of the dinosaur. Sure the hat is accepted for an airline pilot, but certainly not expected. That's akin to saying the big mustache is accepted/expected for an ALPA national officer. The lab coat for a doctor is both. You and I know that.

Last edited:
You guys have really seen doctors wearing white lab coats somewhere lately? I've spent some time recently in two different hospitals -- one small town, one big city -- and I didn't see any doctors wearing lab coats. Just normal business casual or scrubs.

Now on TV, that's a different story. Maybe that's what you're referring to. Course, the pilots on TV always wear their hats because that's what central casting assumes all pilots wear.

Really who cares I don't.
I will tell you this. It would take an act of congress to get DAL's flight Ops leadership to get rid of it.

Not buying no hat....

Not wearin' no hat....

Next. :cool:

Who gives a hoot about the hat? If they say wear it I'll wear it. I go to work to earn a paycheck and support my family/lifestyle - not make social commentary. Personally I do think the nonsense about hat = professionalism is just that. I'll wear a tux to work if they pay me what they did 5 years ago.

DAL has a lot of good things in their contract, as does NWA. We each have some turds as well. Ditto training, schedule bidding, pay, safety, etc.

I hope we can take the best from both and dump the rest.

My understanding is that the various counterparts from DAL/NWA are meeting actively to accomplish just that.

Crossing my fingers that cool heads prevail over DMC's and we really will have that world beating airline.

Last edited:
Amen. I would like to see some of the stuff you guys have. I am hopeful that it will be a good deal.

Who gives a hoot about the hat? If they say wear it I'll wear it. I go to work to earn a paycheck and support my family/lifestyle - not make social commentary. Personally I do think the nonsense about hat = professionalism is just that. I'll wear a tux to work if they pay me what they did 5 years ago.

DAL has a lot of good things in their contract, as does NWA. We each have some turds as well. Ditto training, schedule bidding, pay, safety, etc.

I hope we can take the best from both and dump the rest.

My understanding is that the various counterparts from DAL/NWA are meeting actively to accomplish just that.

Crossing my fingers that cool heads prevail over DMC's and we really will have that world beating airline.

Nicely said. I really dont care about the hat one way or the other. I guess I would rather not have it but like others have said, this is a job. I go to work wear what they tell me to wear, fly the plane and go home. That is about that.

Amen. I would like to see some of the stuff you guys have. I am hopeful that it will be a good deal.

Heyas ACL,

A LOT of the good stuff in the NWA contract is the kind of thing you use once every 5 years, but when it comes up, you are DAMN glad it's in there.

Other sections, just as training, and dealing with ASAP and FOQA, keep a tight lid on stupid management tricks and "contract creep".

Nu

Latest resources

Back