• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA/DAL Arbitration hearing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
According to arguments made, the Nicolau award granted WB positions in excess of those held by the USA pilots as a form of accounting for attrition.

Nicolau awarded both the captain and first officer positions on the international 767/757/330 categories because AWA had no pre-merger expectation of those positions. This gave a certain number of AAA pilots who did not hold an international left seat the opportunity to bid it before the number one AWA pilot could.

Those Boeing manuals aren't going to work too well for us Bus drivers. I bet DAL continues to use the NWA manuals for the foreseeable future.;)

[FONT=&quot]I would expect the airbus fleets will transition to airbus books soon. The legal department is the reason we changed to Boeing books from our own in house books[/FONT]

What is their aversion to it?? Seems to me that it makes for a smoother, more predictable way. Bwtfdik>

Heyas Cobra,

Right you are. RA's problem is that, barring some kind of novel mechanism, there ARE going to be some kind of fences, and by the looks of direction that the arbitration is going, fairly tall ones.

This is exactly what he didn't want. Mind you, the arbitrators are under ZERO obligation to the company, only to the parties directly involved, and they have said that their goal will be to find the solutions that the most people will find acceptable.

What RA does with this is anyone's guess. He can nuke the whole thing, saying it "costs too much", but that treds into unchartered legal waters not to mention throwing a carefully crafted deal into chaos. He can park aircraft that are fenced, but that only raises the "replacement aircraft" spectre, with subsequent arbitrations (this gets expensive for the company REAL quick).

I will grant that the mechanics of a dynamic list is full of details. But we have smart guys working on the problem, and they can be ironed out with a solid methodology. Once that is done, the boils down to pressing a button once, twice or 12 times a year to produce a list. With DALs "once a year" AE system, it should hardly be time consuming.

Nu

Last edited:
Nu,

Get used to the Boeing manuals because that is what you are going to be using. ACARS weight and balance too. Is it true that you guys don't single engine taxi as a rule?

DAL737FO
flying 757/767

Wrong!!! The Feds in ATL and MSP are convinced NWA has the best manuals/procedures in the business. Get ready for some revisions Ya'll.

Wrong!!! The Feds in ATL and MSP are convinced NWA has the best manuals/procedures in the business. Get ready for some revisions Ya'll.
You will see the new DAL go to the manufacturer's manuals only - it has to do liability not usability. DAL changed all fleets virtually overnight after the Swiss flt 111 crash of 1998.

Last edited:

Sorry man...DL manuals are what you guys are getting. I like the NWA manuals better than hours....its just we have the larger fleets and from a liability view manufacturer manuals are better.

I love the sopa/smac formats and such, personally. Apparently DL used to have something similar... but as has previously been stated they changed them.

Last edited:
Sorry man...DL manuals are what you guys are getting. I like the NWA manuals better than hours....its just we have the larger fleets and from a liability view manufacturer manuals are better.

I love the sopa/smac formats and such, personally. Apparently DL used to have something similar... but as has previously been stated they changed them.

Yeah, we had a whole different manual set a few years ago. While there are some elements of the Boeing books that I like, overall I think I liked the older DAL manuals better. I wish we would go to the NWA books, though I suspect it will be Boeing (Airbus).

Latest resources

Back