• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NW 3/10 class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bus in a recent class award or a subsequent award for those who got something else on their initial class award? Posts here and on another BB aren't real clear.
Thanks

Why is it going so junior?

A lot of guys at NWA bid QoL, so you have a lot of "top feeders", even on the DC-9.

Also, position bidding at NWA is for aircraft, seat AND status (block/reserve). It's actually a pretty good deal...if awarded a block position, you KNOW you will be flying a line and not just randomly wind up on reserve if you are on the cusp. If displaced, it lets you bump into another blockholder position, which is VERY, VERY nice if you commute.

There are a ton of people who won't bid a reserve position because they commute, so those positions tend to go fairly junior.

Nu

Whats min days off on RES at NWA?

11 days off on most months. 12 on 31 days. As for the reason the 757 is starting to go very junior is most likely reserve length. Time to hold block is coming down quickly but until recently it took about the same amount of time to hold DC-9 Captain as it did to hold 757 FO Block.

That plus the 757 has some of the greatest trips and some of the worst. Lots of red eyes.

I'm interested in MEM..... equiptment / availability? I've heard its junior and no-one wants to go... is this somewhat accurate?

Time to hold block is coming down quickly but until recently it took about the same amount of time to hold DC-9 Captain as it did to hold 757 FO Block.

Bottom F/O block holders on the 757 were 4-5yrs. DC9 Captain reserve is 9.5 yrs

I'm interested in MEM..... equiptment / availability? I've heard its junior and no-one wants to go... is this somewhat accurate?

Only DC9 and A320 in MEM. It's relatively small compared to MSP and DTW. More senior than DTW. Seems like most of us new guys are wanting MSP, but several have bid MEM.

16 Dtw DC-9
2 Anc 747 FE

There were 4 volunteers for Anc

Latest resources

Back