Nutjets Recruiting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For potential newhires at NJA

I've had several calls from pilots that interviewed at NJA and they had bad information. I hope to clear up some of it, like I did with them on the phone.

Do NOT expect the contract to get done anytime soon. Recruiters are apparently telling potential newhires this. Could be a year or more for all we know, I wouldn't count on one anytime soon.

Captain bypass pay is NOT to be expected now. You can bid as a newhire for a Captain position as it has being going rather junior in the Ultra, but I strongly discourage this as a first year probationary pilot in the highly charged environment we are in.

You can not expect to come home with all your per diem intact. Do not count on living on this money. You WILL be buying meals. Yes, you might come home with $300-$400 per month, but no guarantee on this. You will be airlining every other day, sitting in maintenance, sitting standby at the hotel, etc. and you will NEED to buy your meals.

Your first day show could be midnight one. One person asked if it was usually 0800 am. No, not unusual to get a 0400 am show or earlier.

I discouraged those from coming to NJA. They had other options and I told them to take it.

Ace,

Your making too broad a statement and dare I say, ignorant. What type union were the pilots you hired from? Where they corp to frac to corp guys or airline to frac to corp guys. Also, did they start at a regional or freight company just to go to NJA and then move to corp. Lots of factors here.

Most corp guys who went to NJA did so for one of two reasons, flight department shut down or they wanted a schedule.

It seems to me your flight department did a poor job of interviewing.

I can speak for most of the guys I know, we remember how good corp was and we don't mind going back. We dont look for loopholes or ways to screw the company.

You managed with great skill to select 3 bad apples in a row.

Fracster said:
Ace,

Your making too broad a statement and dare I say, ignorant. What type union were the pilots you hired from? Where they corp to frac to corp guys or airline to frac to corp guys. Also, did they start at a regional or freight company just to go to NJA and then move to corp. Lots of factors here.

Most corp guys who went to NJA did so for one of two reasons, flight department shut down or they wanted a schedule.

It seems to me your flight department did a poor job of interviewing.

I can speak for most of the guys I know, we remember how good corp was and we don't mind going back. We dont look for loopholes or ways to screw the company.

You managed with great skill to select 3 bad apples in a row.

All good points. I did, however, state that it was the 'flag-waving' union types that seem to be bad apples. You know, the ones who take a job BECAUSE it has a union, not in spite of that fact. I was responding to the statement by one of these guys that they had an opportunity to go to another job but wanted to be at a union shop. This is the kind of person I'm talking about.

I certainly don't think you're 'ruined' now that you've worked union!

As for the comment about poor job of interviewing: Obviously.

Ace

Just out of curiosity are they hiring lower than their published mins since they need people so badly?

Not yet. But they are hiring pilots right at the minimum now. 3 years ago, it took around 5000 hours to get hired. Now if you've got a pulse and the mins - you're in.

Anyone that wants to sign on for 14/10 on 18 days a month for $27,000 a year - come on down. Better yet - stay wherever you are until we get this contract worked out. At least then you'll know what you're getting yourself into.

Last edited:
I was at a job fair recently and saw the netjets people just standing there and twiddling thier thumbs ,nobody wanted to speak to them , in this industry it is very important to make sure you dont get linked with Scabs and semi scabs like the "go-jets pilots"

make sure everybody stays away from Netjets till they get this issue resolved and try not to join a company in the midst of labor negotiations.

I would stay away from them for now.

El Chupacabra said:
There you go . Looks like Ace can help find familyguy troll and dispatcher a new home where they will be happy there is no union.

Your happy with your union. I'm happy you like your union. I'm happy I don't need your union. Keep your union.

Everybody happy now?

FamilyGuy said:
Nice union propaganda piece.

Fortunately anyone that's dealt with a union for more than 2 weeks will recognize this for the hack job it is.

My experience tells me that it doesnt matter what the final agreement looks like....you could get 1 of the 6S or all six and the spin will be the same - this is the greatest deal ever made.

You guys could very well end up signing in twelve months for the same offer that's on the table right now and the spinmeisters will be slapping themselves silly telling themselves what a great job they did for themselves.

If NetJets is so bad, and you're so bright, then why are you here?

Sorry nancy boy, you are confusing the the fab 5 with the professionals who are in place now.

The joke will be on you and the other management hacks when the dust clears. There is no stopping this train. If the company wants a train wreck, then that's what they will get. No regrets from this professional pilot who will be more than happy to STMFD, my life will go on.

It's just a game to you management hacks and we are more than willing to play!

Bring it on nancy boy because the biggest mistake is you!

Been saying this for what seems half my life now.....every day that passes without a new contract benefits management. (I know, Mr. Obvious) For quite a long time I held out hope that a resolution was near, and that deserving pilots upon whose backs the company was built, would receive retro pay. But honestly, at this point I don't believe Exxon or Microsoft could afford this. Really a danged shame. Early on, I too hoped that replacing the Fab 5 would make a difference, but again.... disappointment looms large. Lots of fist pumping and little in the way of job action has given the company new found hope of shoving it up the pilot's collective asses. Hate to say it, but the time for talk has come and gone. It's time to STMFD. Just MHO. Good luck to those who have lashed their careers to this mast.

Latest resources

Back