• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NPA Hat Survey

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I say wear the hat. Who wants to look like a SWA pilot?

I'll wear a friggin TU TU if they pay me appropriately. But as long as I am in debt because of $hit FO pay rates, NO HAT ON MY HEAD. Except maybe in ATL; I'm tired of that old gray funny shoe wearing scab bitchin at me as he trolls the concourse like a small town cop. And yes I did know the rates when I came here, and was also told I would have upgraded by now...and there would be a new higher fo paying contract too. So please back off all you dorky hat wearing, mngmt lovin, scab electin, bald spot coverin, couldn't survive in the real world types. (I must say I fall into that last catagory, however;)

I want to look like a SWA pilot. I also want my paycheck to resemble theirs too. But I guess you'd rather make less and look professional, Flyfastliveslow. BTW...gay name.

I'll wear a friggin TU TU if they pay me appropriately. But as long as I am in debt because of $hit FO pay rates, NO HAT ON MY HEAD.

Not wearing your hat is your big rebellious statement? Wooooooowwwwww, impressive
. And yes I did know the rates when I came here, and was also told I would have upgraded by now...and there would be a new higher fo paying contract too.

No one PROMISED you any of that. You came here on speculation apparantly. I'm guessing you also bought the giant house in Florida with an interest only ARM at 3% 3 years ago because we all know that housing prices never decline. So what is your protest there? You refuse to mow the lawn because it didn't appreciate and you payment went up?

So please back off all you dorky hat wearing, mngmt lovin, scab electin, bald spot coverin, couldn't survive in the real world types. (I must say I fall into that last catagory, however;)

an OPTIONAL wearing of the hat satisfies all. if you want to wear this old symbol on your cranium you can.

now, what about that napkin we're all forced to wear? talk about an old "fashion" holdover.

I'll wear a friggin TU TU if they pay me appropriately. But as long as I am in debt because of $hit FO pay rates, NO HAT ON MY HEAD.
We won't get the payrates we want by refusing to wear our hats. Quite the opposite, in fact.

I want to look like a SWA pilot.
Then do us all a favor an apply there.

I
also want my paycheck to resemble theirs too.
That would be nice. Might happen, might not. Your attitude hardly unifies the pilot group. You're not inspirational at all, you just an ass.

But I guess you'd rather make less and look professional,
I would prefer to do BOTH. And until the policy is changed....you know, the one when I got hired, the one when you got hired, I'll put the hat on.

Flyfastliveslow. BTW...gay name.
Talk to Jimmy B. if you don't like the phrase.

Was commuting to IAH the other day and sitting in the food court in the AUS airport enjoying some good Salt Lick BBQ. A businessman asked if he could join me at my table. I said sure. I was wearing my "try to be incognito" commuting attire(black NorthFace jacket covering my uniform shirt as I leave my jacket and hat hanging up in the IAH crew room). He asked me where I was going(thought he could not recognize me as a pilot). I said Lima, Peru. He asked me "when did Continental Express start flying long haul to South America?" I, being surprised told him I flew for Continental and he laughed and said: "I'm sorry, I thought you flew for a regional or something dressed like that. Major airlie pilots normally have blazers with stripes and a hat." I explained that I commute etc. and embarassingly rethought my whole commute attire going forward. Point is, these business regulars do notice these things. Don't be so sure that the pax could really care less how you present yourself. The guys who keep these airlines afloat do notice the employees.

IAHERJ

No one PROMISED you any of that. You came here on speculation apparantly. I'm guessing you also bought the giant house in Florida with an interest only ARM at 3% 3 years ago because we all know that housing prices never decline. So what is your protest there? You refuse to mow the lawn because it didn't appreciate and you payment went up?
Actually, ALL of us were TOLD, very specifically, by several HR personnel and just about everyone in the training department that upgrades for us would be about two years.

In their words (heard repeatedly): "You're going to come back in for one recurrent, then, the next time your'e here, it will be for upgrade".

No, it's not a promise, and I don't think the man said anything about having bet the bank on it (he actually very specifically said he was well aware of the vagueries of upgrade timing), so have a cup of decaf, man...

Jeez, we're actually going to go 7 pages about the stupid hat.

Yes, I wore mine. Yes, it was because it was company policy, even when I got off probation. I agreed to follow the rules, so I did. Period. I don't especially like it. I cut my hair pretty short and it still gets sweaty and messed up with the hat on.

It *DOES* make the whole uniform a lot snazzier... but only if you're wearing the blazer and not the dog sh*t brown leather jacket. What a stupid color...

Oh yeah,

GO FILL OUT THE WEB SURVEY FOR YOUR NEGOTIATING TEAM!!!

Latest resources

Back