• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Now that SKW has different rates...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Horizon FO's should be making more since there with the company for 8 years before they upgrade.

There are only 16 out of 376 FO's at QX that have been on the property over 6 years and the junior captain has 5 years of seniority.

55% of QX FO's make $39.76/hour or more.

29% of QX FO's make $45.69/hour or more.

Just to set the record straight...again...

Last edited:
You DON'T have different pay rates. You have an override. They are 2 different things. All your soft time is paid at 50 seat rate. Clowns.

Here's a fact. When your company submits a RFP bid, they have to include the current payrates of its employee groups. They don't, however, have to include such hidden compensation such as profit sharing or overrides. So if SKW wants to pay us an override on the 700/900 instead of a split rate so they can be more competitive in the SJP market then more power to them. Just make the override equal to everyone else's split rates, which our new override certainly doesn't.

The only thing that really drives me more into the union camp is the fact that management only wants to give us 1% total for a full decade in order to offset CoL increases? WTF??

wake up skywest grunts, your downward pressure is what is killing mesaba and comair, if you would have got a real 700/900 pay rate everyone else can raise the bar instead of lower it, and if you call working more to get paid more good your crazy, the object is to work the same or less and get paid more, you f'in idiots

Skywest: When ya'll get back from your mission, grow a sack!

ORD - Junior base
IAH - Used to be a base. Practically had to hire street captains to staff it but it was just a prop base.
DEN - Not as junior as ORD but still fairly junior

With the exception of COS all of the bases you mentioned are incredibly senior for the RJ. Perhaps people prefer living in a nice place and not commuting to living in a nice place and commuting to a ********************hole.

I agree with you about how your bases blow tremendously. CAL has had to hire turboprop FO's because their bases blow equally badly.

Not sure where you're headed with the domicile comparison but it appears to be a deep hole.

All of that aside, TUS is a piss hole. So is FAT and I don't know how anyone can afford to live in MRY with what they make at SkyWest. Even with the "overide."

I feel I should mention that as a newhire as skyw I'm pulling in more money here than I was at Trans States on less flying (75hrs vs 90hrs), and the atmosphere among the crews is WAY better. That being said, the pay offer stunk. Voted it down.

EXCUSE ME?! I dunno bout you, but the crews I fly with are some of the best guys to fly with hands down.

Were you STL based? I am RIC based so I don't know the situation over at STL.

If you were furloughed I am sorry about and to bash your former company is one thing. But to bash your former crews, especially at TSA?!!! - BAD FORM and completely UNTRUE.

Or maybe you are just a tool...........

All of that aside, TUS is a piss hole. So is FAT and I don't know how anyone can afford to live in MRY with what they make at SkyWest. Even with the "overide."

Say what you want but its better to live in a "piss hole" than commute to a "piss hole". Those bases are all senior so most live in base. Have fun wasting valuable time off commuting to a piss hole. We are the ones with the last laugh. When we land we can just drive a short distance home. You have to waste another couple hours getting home. This adds up to a lot of wasted time per year! HA HA!

Here's a fact. When your company submits a RFP bid, they have to include the current payrates of its employee groups. They don't, however, have to include such hidden compensation such as profit sharing or overrides. So if SKW wants to pay us an override on the 700/900 instead of a split rate so they can be more competitive in the SJP market then more power to them. Just make the override equal to everyone else's split rates, which our new override certainly doesn't.

The only thing that really drives me more into the union camp is the fact that management only wants to give us 1% total for a full decade in order to offset CoL increases? WTF??

You ignorant slut. Companies have to submitt pay rates because the flag carrier wants to make sure that the company isn't paying the employee groups TOO LITTLE, not TO MUCH!

How do any of you guys know what info is supplied in a RFP bid? And if SkyWest is not giving full disclosure to our major partners, can we really expect them to be honest with the employees?

EXCUSE ME?! I dunno bout you, but the crews I fly with are some of the best guys to fly with hands down.

Were you STL based? I am RIC based so I don't know the situation over at STL.

If you were furloughed I am sorry about and to bash your former company is one thing. But to bash your former crews, especially at TSA?!!! - BAD FORM and completely UNTRUE.

Or maybe you are just a tool...........

He said the ATMOSPHERE among the crews is better. Chill.

Latest resources

Back