• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nov 1st NJA? whats up???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe they want the expensive pilots out...

Nice to see Jordo is sticking to the playbook. Seems to be working nicely with many PIC's and virtually all FO's looking elsewhere for employment. Spoke with a pic buddy this week and he said NJ was getting 100-150 fatigue calls a week. I about fell over when I heard that. He was adamant that it was an accurate number. WOW.....

After the contract your right

Remember the good old days when we only paid these dirtbags 1/2 of what we do today.

After the contract your right

Remember the good old days when we only paid these dirtbags 1/2 of what we do today.

Current wages have been rolled-back to less than the 1998 payscales due to inflation.....

In other words, they are already paying us less than "the good old days.."

If you were making $80K in 1998...you should be making $115K to remain even with inflation. This does not include any changes in benefits.

Just for drill, you can do your own calculations here-

http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm

14 Year Captain in 1998 was making $95,784. Using the link you provided, that gives us an inflation-adjusted wage of $137,593.42

Today, a 14 Year Captain earns $136,846.

I'm a 6 year FO and I made $0.00. Adjusted for inflation I owe NJA $6.50

This furlough should be front and center in all communication from the union. NOT bylaws bs and self serving rants of E board wanna be lawyers.

14 Year Captain in 1998 was making $95,784. Using the link you provided, that gives us an inflation-adjusted wage of $137,593.42

I think most would be surprised how little inflation has impacted things. However, it still seems prices have gone up many essentials which squeezes everyone. Also, the Feds and states are picking our pockets with increased taxes and fees for everything from cellphones/telephones to gasoline to electricity to cable service, to liquor, to tobacco.

if it says ".gov" in the web address.....

its never gonna tell you things are bad....

use a real calculator and you'll see that $95k isnt worth poop.

Last edited:
nja management is getting their pilots for so cheap its actually quite funny....unless you're a nja pilot.

its impossible for them to give concessions.....zero minus anything is a negative number.

meaning, the pilots dont have anything to give back...

meanwhile, 35 people in managment are paying less than 4% tax on their 2 million dollar bonus they just got....gotta hide the profit somewhere. you cant just burn the cash in the backyard.

Latest resources

Back