Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OHGOON

No KoolAid please...
I'm just curious how all the former CitationAir anti IBT crowd is adapting to 6on/3off for $70K vs 7on/7off at $100K+?

Anyone quietly admit to themselves yet, that had I only supported the effort of my fellow pilots a few years sooner, this whole mess might have been prevented?

Just wondering?

Must not be too bad... i parked between not one, not two, but three of them in vegas last week. Prior to that, one was taking off Long Beach when I was landing, and they have even been popping up in Seattle from time-to-time.

...not saying its GOOD, but they seem to be filling the seats?!?

Must not be too bad... i parked between not one, not two, but three of them in vegas last week. Prior to that, one was taking off Long Beach when I was landing, and they have even been popping up in Seattle from time-to-time.

...not saying its GOOD, but they seem to be filling the seats?!?

Well, it's easy to fill seats when you can whore out the crew at half price for twice the work. Textron destroyed a great company, f%^cked the remaining pilots by offering them an interview to work their old jobs in a new paint job for an almost 50% pay cut.

It's just amazing how far greedy management coupled with passive and rudderless pilots can lower the bar in our industry.

There are plenty of idiots here who claim they don't need a Union to negotiate for them...

Compare quality of life and pay at NetJets vs Wheels Up and then see for yourselves who is selling you/themselves a bill of goods...

Where are the WheelsUp pilots to explain to us how much better life is now that they are away from their families twice as much for half of what they used to get paid?

I'm just curious how all the former CitationAir anti IBT crowd is adapting to 6on/3off for $70K vs 7on/7off at $100K+?

Anyone quietly admit to themselves yet, that had I only supported the effort of my fellow pilots a few years sooner, this whole mess might have been prevented?

Just wondering?

Where did you wind up Goon? B6? F9? Spirit? Went back to TWA um AA? Redwood?

Is the grass greener on your side?

Im not at Wheels UP but I hear their business is booming - like blowing the doors off the competition.

Last edited:
It is the business model of Marquis/Wheels Up. Explode out of the gate, give aways to celebrities and notables, lots of smoke and mirrors to attract those who fly privately only 25 hours per year, and then hit the financial headwinds. Check back in 5 years except they do not have a backstop this time.

I consider an all in price of over $5000 per hour for a King Air to be quite high. Make regular fractional look like a bargain. But some people like the Wheels Down perks.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back