• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Notes from the Delta Conference Call...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No thread specifically on this yet so I thought I would start one. I am still listening to it now but key points I have so far or at least what I interpret:

1. There is something in play for an Alaska purchase.
2. Anderson spoke of the need for fleet consolidation (I think the 747's will go away within five years).
3. Anderson said pilot productivity in the form of block hours per pilot will be industry leading. I dont like the sound of that.

Industry leading productivity! I would like to see how you compare to SWA in terms of productivity.

Also there will be very little taxes to be paid with all the write downs carried over from the past couple years (almost 15 billion when combining both DAL and NWA).

Heyas Sedona,

THIS is a key point, and one of our guys was pointing out that the tax credits alone that NWA had paid for the entire deal.

Nu

I heard the comment about 29 minutes in regarding Alaska Airlines. Actually RA's response regarding a merger was, "no comment." Not even an, "I'm not here to merge with Alaska Airlines."

It sounds like it will happen next year.

Yep, it will happen sooner than you think. I even think that there are one or two on deck after AS!

Great. Now I work for the Borg!

I heard the comment about 29 minutes in regarding Alaska Airlines. Actually RA's response regarding a merger was, "no comment." Not even an, "I'm not here to merge with Alaska Airlines."

It sounds like it will happen next year.

I agree. Very telling indeed. Most CEO's would try to throw you off if the purchase was not immenent saying "We dont see an merger with Airline X anytime in the near future" (knowing they are technically accurate since things are still many months out). In this case I dont think RA could even say that because it is probably well under way and he would look silly even saying this when its announced in a couple months Delta is talking to Alaska.

One other point regarding a purchase of Alaska, if I'm not mistaken Alaska has around 1 billion in the bank so its one of those buy a company with their own money deals (ie pay one billion for them then go take the one billion Alaska has in the bank and throw it back in with the six billion Delta has left in the bank after the purchase)....you just got a company for free. Oversimplification I know but you get the idea. With the growth Delta has planned for LAX it makes alot of sense.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back