Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Not so fast!! Horizon in Pinnacle's sights?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
An airline based in Utah has already purchased Horizon. I saw 2 of their planes in Atlanta last week flying for one of their wholly owned subs.

Robert? Is that you?!!? Be careful man, I would hate to see you go to jail for posting on FI. Well, at least you'll know how to take care of yourself in there with all of that law enfocement training you have.....LOL, WOW!

My user name makes who I am very obvious to those actually at pinnacle. Robert isn't anywhere close.

An airline based in Utah has already purchased Horizon. I saw 2 of their planes in Atlanta last week flying for one of their wholly owned subs.

ASA is just sub-leasing those and Inc. says they are going to be leasing up to 7 more from Horizon.

Been hearing the Horizon rumor for over a year now, I just don't know where Pinnacle would get the cash to buy them. Pinnacle had to take out a 60 million dollar loan from Delta to buy Mesaba. However, I do believe Pinnacle wants more Q400s and they would probably do just about anything to get them.

Been hearing the Horizon rumor for over a year now, I just don't know where Pinnacle would get the cash to buy them. Pinnacle had to take out a 60 million dollar loan from Delta to buy Mesaba. However, I do believe Pinnacle wants more Q400s and they would probably do just about anything to get them.

At 10%. That is good money for delter.

At 10%. That is good money for delter.
12.75%. Works out to be about an additional $22 million over 5 years.

I will say this: If this rumor is true, it means that there is a coordinated effort to purchase both Horizon and Alaska Airlines. There have been rumors circling about Delta buying Alaska in the past couple months... and this Pinnacle rumor would only fit too well.

However, I do believe Pinnacle wants more Q400s and they would probably do just about anything to get them.

Why didn't they make an offer for Lynx? The pilots there made about half of what Horizon pilots do.

so pinnacle buys another airline, good luck merging 4 lists. that will be a fun one

would not be surprised to see alaska bought by delta

does anyone on here know about the impending TA at Horizon? I was in PHX the other day going to training and ran across an Alaska pilot, he asked me about the binding arbitration on the pay rates in our new TA??? We haven't seen it yet, has anyone else heard about this? Could they really have agreed to binding arbitration after what happened to the Alaska pilots? Interesting times ahead folks, I guess we will see on October 23!

BTW Pinnacle is not going to buy Horizon, where do people come up with this stuff?!!?!?

Latest resources

Back