Not Mad at Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
737small said:
You guys showed your true color. Work cheaper for bigger planes. Wait til the next round of concessions!

What bigger airplanes are we getting??

True colors.. You show yours every time you open your mouth. How did you ever pass a psyc eval?

Sounds like you're the one who needs to worry about the next round of concessions. You're about to come down to our pay level and benefit status.

Start worrying about your own hide and stop worrying about us.

All the Comair brothers and sisters should know we support them. They've taken some heat for being in a bad position they can't control. They struck for a decent wage and look what happened? The major's put distance between themselves and their regional affiliates. If you think Comair is the only one who this may happen to you're wrong. Comair is just the first ones to deal with this issue. We should support them because this may trickle down the the other small jet providers.

Even though this topic has been beaten to death, I will inform those new to the forum how I stand.

The comair pilots were served some very cold, fresh Kool Aid that thier company was going to have to shrink if they did not take concessions, but if they did take concessions they would be able to grow. (shrink and grow in the same sentence?) Not only does this not make sense, but managements have been doing this to thier pilot groups since deregulation of 1978. 60% of the comair pilots did not recognize this, nor did the comair MEC recognize it.

March 1, 2005 was a sad day in the history of Comair Airlines.

I dont have anger against any ONE comair pilot, but I am very disapointed that it was so easy for the pilot group to belive the chicken little story from Fredy and then vote to throw away everthing they have attained for growth... PILOTS DO NOT ASSURE OR ATTAIN GROWTH FOR AIRLINES.. MANGAGERS DO.. IT IS NOT A PILOTS JOB TO SACRIFICE FOR GROWTH. The Delta Mainline Pilots sacrificed for survival, comair sacrificed for growth (even though you were told it was for survival).

What prevents Delta from taking Comair aircraft (or ASA aircraft for that matter) and giving them to Skywest or another regional? In fact, what would stop Delta from starting another regional itself and give ex-Comair and ex-ASA aircraft to it?

av8tor4239 said:
Even though this topic has been beaten to death, I will inform those new to the forum how I stand.

The comair pilots were served some very cold, fresh Kool Aid that thier company was going to have to shrink if they did not take concessions, but if they did take concessions they would be able to grow. (shrink and grow in the same sentence?) Not only does this not make sense, but managements have been doing this to thier pilot groups since deregulation of 1978. 60% of the comair pilots did not recognize this, nor did the comair MEC recognize it.

March 1, 2005 was a sad day in the history of Comair Airlines.

I dont have anger against any ONE comair pilot, but I am very disapointed that it was so easy for the pilot group to belive the chicken little story from Fredy and then vote to throw away everthing they have attained for growth... PILOTS DO NOT ASSURE OR ATTAIN GROWTH FOR AIRLINES.. MANGAGERS DO.. IT IS NOT A PILOTS JOB TO SACRIFICE FOR GROWTH. The Delta Mainline Pilots sacrificed for survival, comair sacrificed for growth (even though you were told it was for survival).

VC10, Nothing prevents DELTA from doing what you said.. But it is not any one pilot or any pilot group or MEC's responsiblity to prevent that. That is what managers do, they manage airlines (they are not doing a good job if you ask me).. If delta is going to take ASA and comair airplanes away and start a new "regional airline", they will do it weather we all take concessions or not. I feel the comair pilots were sold ocean front property in Kansas.

You folks over at Delta actually created this mess. If, back when you first allowed outsourcing of your jobs in the 80's, you had only allowed management ONE connection carrier, then they would not be able to threaten us with these things. But you did not think things through, so maybe you can stfu while we try to deal with the mess you made.

Latest resources

Back