• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HowlinMadMurdoc said:
INCOMING!!!

Hey RJFlyer, can you do something about the furniture in the penalty box??? :D

HMM

I was just saving others the 30+ minutes of searching to find it.

Seems to me there are too many people throwing around accusations of others being "scabs" (on other threads in the past - see any thread on Freedom). The *ahem* people *ahem* on that list are true scabs.

But I was looking forward to doing some Home Improvement on the Penalty Box. Got my Binford Chainmaster 12000 ready to go! :cool:

av8tor4239 said:
I would not be so quick to judge.. the list also says his middle name is JOHN, can this be confirmed? This could exhonerate him./QUOTE]

Well, the first name on the scab list matches his first name as listed on company documents, and the middle name on the list matches what he goes by, so either it's him or he has exactly the same name as someone on the scab list. Sucks for him if the latter is true.

ifly4food said:
Actually, ALPA Economic & Financial Analysis was never asked to do an evaluation, nor even give the time to do one on their own.

This is important.

Section 40 of ALPA's adminstrative manual requires that ALPA perform a comprehensive economic analysis any time that management makes a concessionary request. So, again, we see that ALPA ignores its own rules when dealing with small jet barganing. The mainline guys ( political power ) wanted concessions, management wanted concessions and viola' the invention of "non-economic" concessions, that were later decided by the MEC to equal about $20,000,000.00

Ok, so if I am flying an airplane and we get busy on approach and I just get too busy to lower the landing gear - is that an excuse? No! and it is no excuse for ALPA, or the Comair MEC.

But - and a big BUT - there is a story behind the story....

ALPA has argued in Court that small jet restrictions have not and do not have any impact on the career growth, pay, or working conditions of ASA & Comair pilots. So now - how can ALPA's economic analysis department come along and say that the value of 35 new jets to Comair pilots is $ XXX ? Obviously if ALPA followed its own rules, National's Officers would be guilty of perjury, or at least revealed as a pack of liars.

Another important point - particularly given who posted the above quote - is that ALPA National is going to try to hang the blame on the local MEC's for their representational malfeasance. This is why it is so important that our Master Executive Counsels make the appropriate representational demands on ALPA National - do what is right, regardless of what you percieve the consequence might be. ALPA National will pay the bill for copy paper & the lights, they have no choice.

It is very likely that ASA will be sold in the not too distant future ( or has already ben sold to be announced next week according to some low level management sources ) and once again we will need the full measure of representation available from ALPA National. When this happens we must not allow ALPA to continue to ignore their representational obligation to members who fly small jets. The results could be disaster.

Last edited:
av8tor4239 said:
All Scabs Must Burn In Hell And On Earth.... Reinstatmet Or Not

Sorry - but do you want me to find my pictures of Duane Woerth eating cake with the Continental Scabs so they could get them back in the union to dilute the vote of small jet pilots?

These scabs did not even pay a penny of back dues.

Scabbing may mean something to you and me. It means very little to our union leadership.

This particular individual is now a contributing volunteer and probably supports our union activities with more dilligence than 97% of the ASA pilot list - I have always been a believer that folks can be redeemed and learn from past mistakes.

The Eastern guys were thinking the same thing the Comair pilots were thinking - "I'm flying, quick upgrade for me, I will go somewhere else with this experience." But, if you ran all the opportunistic ba$tards out of this business, who would fly the airplanes?

Latest resources

Back