Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Typhoon1244

Member in Good Standing
I am, apparently, one of the very few ASA pilots who isn't royally pissed off at Comair's pilots over their recent LOA. As near as I can tell, even after the freeze they've got a helluva better contract than we do.

I also heard that the LOA includes a clause preventing DCI from using the agreement as leverage against ASA's pilots. (Don't know for a fact that's true...can anyone shed any light on that issue?)

Can somebody please explain to me why this LOA is such a freaking disaster?

Im not either. I would be pissed if we did the same thing WITHOUT getting a better contract. But after we get one, we too, would be in a position to THINK about the same thing, if offered to us.

I also heard that the LOA includes a clause preventing DCI from using the agreement as leverage against ASA's pilots. (Don't know for a fact that's true...can anyone shed any light on that issue?

I've not read anything in the LOA about this.

Add my name to the list of pilots who is not upset with them. I understand why they did what they did. I am mad at ALPA for putting each carrier in the position of having to bid for flying and thus reducing the effectiveness of collective bargaining. They got scope out of the deal and are still up at the top of the pay. Not bad. If I had been in their shoes, I would have voted yes also.

It's great to see you guys aren't all mad at us. We Comair pilots have taken a ton of heat from the LOA, and I'm glad there really are some good understanding people like yourselves out there. We obviously didn't intend on hurting ASA at all, but the majority of us voted as we did because we were scared for our futures. We support you guys and are all going to do everything we can to help you guys get a wonderful contract with great work rules and pay.

Good luck guys,
Jet

Don't forget if the FA's don't say yes, which they will not. The whole deal is off. So tell your brothers that are pissed to relax. The bumpy road for us at Comair isn't over.

N813CA said:
Don't forget if the FA's don't say yes, which they will not. The whole deal is off. So tell your brothers that are pissed to relax. The bumpy road for us at Comair isn't over.
Nope, you're wrong about that.

The only way the LOA does not go into effect is if the new aircraft do not show up by the various specified dates in the LOA. It's a signed off deal, and the LOA states nothing about the Flight Attendants.

The company can trash the deal by just not delivering airplanes, but then the wage freeze is off. Do you think Fred wants the 2005 raises per the post strike contract to remain in place when he got what he was after?

The F/A's (half in number to the pilots) make a third what pilots make, and their scheduled raises are insignificant to what the pilots pay is. Management got what they were after with the freeze on pilot pay; they're not going to queer the whole deal over F/A pay.

scared for your futures?? LMAO!

jetflyer said:
It's great to see you guys aren't all mad at us. We Comair pilots have taken a ton of heat from the LOA, and I'm glad there really are some good understanding people like yourselves out there. We obviously didn't intend on hurting ASA at all, but the majority of us voted as we did because we were scared for our futures. We support you guys and are all going to do everything we can to help you guys get a wonderful contract with great work rules and pay.

Good luck guys,
Jet

Scared for your future??
Were you presented with the fact you were about to lose everything in a BK proceeding? Were you told take it or else you're all out of work?? You guys showed your true color. Work cheaper for bigger planes. Wait til the next round of concessions!

The FA's now have all the leverage. Management now gets airplanes or gives us our raises. If I were representing the FA's, I wouldn't give a thing.

Latest resources

Back