Not looking good at FLYi

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rptrain said:
If you don't want to hear some FLYi pilots getting all self-righteous, perhaps you should stop insulting them by claiming they didn't do anything.

I'm sorry you're insulted. However, I don't think any overt action taken by your pilot group was motivated by anything more than your own self-interest. What I find insulting is the assertion (not necessarily YOUR assertion) that you did something for the good of the profession and that the rest of us should view it as such. Being unified and not fighting managment's ultimate plan, ditching out on United, does not make you heroes in my eyes though there are those here who certainly would have us think so, and it appears you are one of those.

I.P. Freley said:
I'm sorry you're insulted. However, I don't think any overt action taken by your pilot group was motivated by anything more than your own self-interest.
wrong again. i'm furloughed (now out of the business), and as my brother always deferred said, i don't regret a thing. how many furloughees would say that about their experience? yes, i supported the FLYi plan just so my career could get shattered in my own self interest.

i don't need your respect to know we did the right thing.

Fine. I never said you didn't do the right thing. Call my assertions "poorly reasoned" I "always get stuck on" (meaning I brought it up what, once before?) all you want, it doesn't change the fact that you ARE looking for respect. I don't know if it's because you're looking for validation in light of the outcome of this experiment, but it's pretty clear that some of you want everyone else to think that you are somehow on a higher plateau than the rest of us... and yet it is I who is being insulting?

rptrain said:
yes, i supported the FLYi plan just so my career could get shattered in my own self interest.

Which is EXACTLY what I meant by my earlier "martyrdom" comment, however cloaked in sarcasm it may be.

Gimme a break. You didn't support the plan because you knew you'd get furloughed and your aviation career would be shattered and knew you'd be "out of the business"... you supported the FLYi plan hoping it would work out and your lot would improve.

GogglesPisano said:
I can vouch for what AZ Typed said. As usual, FlyI tried to re-invent the wheel with it's Airbus operations. The most frustrating thing is the fact that we are the only airine out of 150+ operators that uses a manual paper-based w&b calculation. The FO basically takes the FEX written before every pushback because a bean-counter decided an automated system in a $30 million airplane did not make sense. Lots of fun when the gate keeps sending stragglers down a minute before push and the rampers throw more bags on at the last minute. Needless to say a lot of flights leave the gate late (and management wonders why.)

As far as training goes, however, the failure rate is unusually low for ACA (sorry, FlyI)

Temp Bulletins are issued only to be corrected a few weeks later (just to make your manual a complete mess.)

Now they are harassing pilots for calling in sick and actually mentioning it in the Daily Briefing Company propaganda rag.

That's why FlyI will never succeed. The same middle management we've always had.

PS: Fromage is obviously a troll. But you have to admit, from reading this and some other threads, he's one of the better ones. Not as mean-spirited at Mickey. BTW Mickey, you should listen to Coldplay's newest album -- it might make yiou a nicer person.

Mean-spirited??? I've just been pointing out the insane comments FLYi management has the brass monkeys to say in press releases. Judgeing by the way they have you doing your W/B, I would have to agree with your statement about FLYi never succeeding. But why is it not mean-spirited for you to say it....but it is for me??? Explain.

ERAU2GIA said:
Typical pilot behavior. Everyone slams everyone else for something. Mesaba and CHT guys said Mesa pilots were selling everyone out when they didn't reach Comair rates. Then Mesaba didn't either and so they were wh@res to everyone not yet up for contract renewal. Colgan are scabs because they're stealing flying from Skywest. Skywest stole it from Coex so they're evil sellouts and scabs first. Now Comair took concessions for new jets so they're the current whores. And ACA was the only regional with enough balls to tell DADDY to take his wh@re rates and shove them. Yet here you losers are. Kicking the only pilots with ANY balls in this industry while they're down.

You people are sickening. Really. You'd cut each other's throat in about two seconds for one dollar more per hour or a jet with ten more seats. And then you'd turn right around and accuse your best friend of the murder. You disgust me. You'll all get what you deserve in the end for not sticking together. Welcome to Walmart losers!
MR

How many FLYi pilots had to pay for training before they were "hired" by ACA?
Lets see how this shakes out. If you paid one penny for training...then shame on you.

Did it take big balls to pay for a job? Or was it OK to "invest" in ACA in hopes of getting enough flying time to actually qualify for a job at the majors? Tell the truth now.

So what if they had to pay for training? Every airline at that time had pay-for-training. Not everybody gets to go to the military, goose!

Based upon the experience of a guy I knew who went to ACA, I think PFT was dead by '99 at the latest. And Gateau is right, PFT was common in the mid-to-late 90's so holding that against someone is silly. Now anyone who did PFT in a year beginning with a "2" had better explain themselves, as just about everyone had eliminated their PFT programs by then...

PFT ended at ACA in late Jan or Feb of 98, if I remember correctly. I know of someone that was in the 1/5/1998 class and he was one of the last classes to pay.

Latest resources

Back