Not looking good at FLYi

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Through his own fear and insecurities said:
Why is it so hard to accept the idea that more than one person see's FLYi as the sinking ship that it is?

Last edited:
MickeySlapnutz said:
I have no idea who "Etoper" is nor do I work for United. What difference would it make anyway? No matter who I work for or what message board I may or may not add my 2 cents on, would not change the fact that FLYi puts out the most foolish press releases in the industry.

Yeah...Yeah...Yeah.......Etoper...

I'll agree with you on the FLYi press releases...I'm embarassed by them....

Your obsession with the demise of FLYi/ACA exhibits Etoper "like behavior"...that's why we are calling you Etoper...

House_X said:
Yeah...Yeah...Yeah.......Etoper...

I'll agree with you on the FLYi press releases...I'm embarassed by them....

Your obsession with the demise of FLYi/ACA exhibits Etoper "like behavior"...that's why we are calling you Etoper...

I dont know the guy/gal nor do I care who it is or what the motivation is for etoper. It just is rather handy for some of you to think that its the same person...cause heaven forbid anyone else see's it the same way. Most guys on this board can see the silly press statements for what they are.....the problem is when one starts to believe the spin, or worse, defend it. However, is there really anyone who does not think that the guys running the show at FLYi are the blind leading the blind willing to follow?

Roundtrip on Indy LAS-DTW 4 day notice for $299 each way. Flights were full and sold out all the digEplayers (which are pretty cool).

FAs talk too much on the Bus, though. People were happy, service was great, flights arrived on time.

A long way from UAL - that's for sure.

Speaking of outsourcing, I hear that FlyI's Airbus are being operated for them by RyanAir yes? How is that working? Is it a percentage of profit? Or a fee per departure like ACA used to be or what?

Flooder305 said:
Speaking of outsourcing, I hear that FlyI's Airbus are being operated for them by RyanAir yes? How is that working? Is it a percentage of profit? Or a fee per departure like ACA used to be or what?

This is news to me. Who did you hear this info from?

The high failure rate of FlyI pilots in Airbus training has led them to outsource the flying to RyanAir. I believe that it is a fee-for departure. RyanAir has also taken all of the good looking flight attendants and left the ugly ones to crew the CRJ's.

Latest resources

Back