• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MickeySlapnutz

I just wanna be loved....
FLYi May Traffic 311.7 Rev Passenger Miles
[font=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Monday June 6, 3:39 PM EDT [/font]

[font=Verdana,Sans-Serif][/font]

[font=Verdana,Sans-Serif]DULLES, Va. (Dow Jones)--FLYi Inc.'s (FLYI) In a press release Monday, the carrier said load factor, or the percentage of seats filled, was 72.9%.

For the five months ended May 31, Independence Air logged 1.14 billion revenue passenger miles, and reported load factor of 64.9%. Load factors in the range of 40% to 60% during the early part of the year weighed down the year-to-date total.

Yikes!!! Start of the summer and East Coast spring breaks and they still cant fill a 50 seat RJ.

You gotta love that part at the end....."Load factors in the range of 40% to 60% during the early part of the year weighed down the year-to-date" Ya dont say?
So you guys are saying.... Had we not had such sheety LF's we would not have such sheety LF's?????
[/font]

Ouch.

Yes, Mickey, there are Lies, **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** Lies, Statistics, and Press Releases about Airline Earnings.

As a USAir person, we are very familiar with the spin and outright fiction spewed in the press.

Well atleast FlyI had more seats filled than Mesa last month........and mesa had way more ASM's and RPM's. FlyI must be doing something right.....

This thread should be titled "Not looking Good at Mesa!"

Not to be bad mouthing FlyI but even if you fill up a 50 seat RJ you wont make a dime if the seats were sold for 50bucks.

Or even worse that 250 buck fly all you want east of the mississippi on tuesdays wednesdays and saturday's.

Unfortunately I really dont know how much longer FlyI can stay a float. I hope it all work out for you guys.

popilot78 said:
He must have worked for United.

He does work for United. On the yahoo message boards he posts under the name "Etoper" as well as others.

Through his own fear and insecurities, he has undertaken a one man task to attempt to discredit FLYi to the general public, shareholders, and others.

Always deferred said:
He does work for United. On the yahoo message boards he posts under the name "Etoper" as well as others.

Through his own fear and insecurities, he has undertaken a one man task to attempt to discredit FLYi to the general public, shareholders, and others.

Now it all makes sense! To hell with people like him. I wish them the best of luck. I need the beni's until they run out.

Jetlinkin said:
Well atleast FlyI had more seats filled than Mesa last month........and mesa had way more ASM's and RPM's. FlyI must be doing something right.....

This thread should be titled "Not looking Good at Mesa!"

Fortunately for Mesa, they're paid the same whether they have 100% or 0% load factor. The revenue issues with low load factors at Mesa is the problem of their mainline partners, who are already feeling the hurt.

Latest resources

Back