• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Not looking good at FLYi

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not only I guess the high failure rate, but the ones who did get their ticket, would then jump ship to JetBlue or greener pastures....... Kind of a wierd twist of fate, that now FlyI is paying a fee-per-departure...

Flooder305 said:
Not only I guess the high failure rate, but the ones who did get their ticket, would then jump ship to JetBlue or greener pastures....... Kind of a wierd twist of fate, that now FlyI is paying a fee-per-departure...

Certaintly can't blame them. I wonder why the high fail rate? Then again, I've flown with some of the pilots, and......

Fromage said:
Well, there is a reason that their senior pilots were never hired by larger airlines, no?

I've been reading some of your writings from this last day or two, and I have to ask you something. What are you, some punk fifteen year old high school kid?

You don't have a clue, do you? I know the person who did that, and he certainly wasn't a fifteen year old punk like you.

Fromage said:
The high failure rate of FlyI pilots in Airbus training has led them to outsource the flying to RyanAir.

Had an ex-Indy guy on the JS last week and he was telling us that the Indy training guys are now telling Airbus how training should be done on the 319. Apparently Airbus hasn't been doing it correctly, but it wasn't discovered until Indy started getting the 319. ;) Acccording to Mr. Jumpseater, the Indy Airbus training guys are the same people that made the CRJ training so enjoyable a few years back at ACA.

Don't know if any of this is correct, but then again I heard it from a jumpseater, so it must be true.

Flooder305 said:
Speaking of outsourcing, I hear that FlyI's Airbus are being operated for them by RyanAir yes? How is that working? Is it a percentage of profit? Or a fee per departure like ACA used to be or what?

Cheeze 'N Rice

It is FLYi seniority list pilots flying the Big Blue Bus. And yes, it is filled with many of the Yahoos who built the RJ program. And yes they typically think that they know how to do it better and write screwed up procedures as such. The RJ is finally getting straightened out thanks to the 328 guys cluing the company in. Oh yeah - and also the fact that it was costing too much $$$ to design stupid useless procedures. Thankfully FLYi has great pilots who can see through the BS procedures the training department writes. Where did this "fee for departure" stuff come in? Flyi makes its own cash from its own marketing efforts, period. Their is no "fee for departure" of any sort. As for the 200 foot ordeal - what do you want when you have an upgrade system based on seniority only. Every airline has goofs in both seats who don't belong there - but simply can "hold" it due to their seniority (and no I don't have a better system for such a large group). Go Flyi!

Latest resources

Back