Not looking good at FLYi

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Aerosim said:
I love how gossip and rumors grow and grow until everyone starts to believe it.

1. Ryan Air is NOT and was never a part of Flyi.
2. All the training dept. changes were simply to modify the check list response/challenge & organization to fit an air carrier operation vs. using manufacture procedures, which are designed to take aircraft delivery not 4-6 legs per day. None of the required checklist items were deleted and the system tests were changed to first flight of the day items as opposed to every leg.
3. The tire issue did not ground the airline. The airbus ops certificate was placed on hold for one week so that Flyi could ensure all the part numbers were properly loaded into the spare parts database. Once it was proven the database was up to date the FAA certified the airbus. Operations started a few days later.
4. The 200' issue was the old computer saying...garbage in/garbage out. That individual is now spending a long time in the right seat. Every airline has these types of individuals.

Nothing else to see here...please move along.

Thanks Aerosim,

For clearing up some of the BS. It amazes me how fast it escalates.

G
I Air

Jetlinkin said:
Well atleast FlyI had more seats filled than Mesa last month........and mesa had way more ASM's and RPM's. FlyI must be doing something right.....

This thread should be titled "Not looking Good at Mesa!"

Full plane or empty plane makes NO difference on profitability at Mesa (well, execpt for some of the 20 or so 1900D's left). The codeshare partner sets the schedules, sells the tickets, etc, and Mesa gets paid a flat fee-for-departure regardless of passenger load factors.

FLYi not only has to fill it's own planes, they have to keep their costs down - - and the CRJ200 is a terrible plane to do the latter in. I read somewhere they cost per seat mile for the CRJ fleet is something like .20 cents per seat mile! By comparison, JetBlue (the cheapest) is between .06-.07 cents per seat mile.

On it's current course FLYi is gonna be toast. Heck, they're going to have to do a REVERSE stock split to keep from being delisted.

FreedomAList said:
Full plane or empty plane makes NO difference on profitability at Mesa (well, execpt for some of the 20 or so 1900D's left). The codeshare partner sets the schedules, sells the tickets, etc, and Mesa gets paid a flat fee-for-departure regardless of passenger load factors.

FLYi not only has to fill it's own planes, they have to keep their costs down - - and the CRJ200 is a terrible plane to do the latter in. I read somewhere they cost per seat mile for the CRJ fleet is something like .20 cents per seat mile! By comparison, JetBlue (the cheapest) is between .06-.07 cents per seat mile.

On it's current course FLYi is gonna be toast. Heck, they're going to have to do a REVERSE stock split to keep from being delisted.

Feels good to put down a carrier that had the balls to tell the big boys to "F" off - doesn't it. Feels even better to undercut your brothers and sisters for any flying you can get - doesn't it. Feels good to work 14 hour days for 45K in the left seat of a 737 - doesn't it.

Comparing an A320 against an RJ for CASM is apples and oranges. Put a FLYi 319 against a JBLUE 320 and run that comparison (I don't know what it is, nor do I care). But before you go blasting a group that stood up for their industry - at least make it a somewhat realistic comparison, Lifer.

AZT

Typical pilot behavior. Everyone slams everyone else for something. Mesaba and CHT guys said Mesa pilots were selling everyone out when they didn't reach Comair rates. Then Mesaba didn't either and so they were wh@res to everyone not yet up for contract renewal. Colgan are scabs because they're stealing flying from Skywest. Skywest stole it from Coex so they're evil sellouts and scabs first. Now Comair took concessions for new jets so they're the current whores. And ACA was the only regional with enough balls to tell DADDY to take his wh@re rates and shove them. Yet here you losers are. Kicking the only pilots with ANY balls in this industry while they're down.

You people are sickening. Really. You'd cut each other's throat in about two seconds for one dollar more per hour or a jet with ten more seats. And then you'd turn right around and accuse your best friend of the murder. You disgust me. You'll all get what you deserve in the end for not sticking together. Welcome to Walmart losers!
MR

ERAU2GIA said:
Typical pilot behavior. Everyone slams everyone else for something. Mesaba and CHT guys said Mesa pilots were selling everyone out when they didn't reach Comair rates. Then Mesaba didn't either and so they were wh@res to everyone not yet up for contract renewal. Colgan are scabs because they're stealing flying from Skywest. Skywest stole it from Coex so they're evil sellouts and scabs first. Now Comair took concessions for new jets so they're the current whores. And ACA was the only regional with enough balls to tell DADDY to take his wh@re rates and shove them. Yet here you losers are. Kicking the only pilots with ANY balls in this industry while they're down.

You people are sickening. Really. You'd cut each other's throat in about two seconds for one dollar more per hour or a jet with ten more seats. And then you'd turn right around and accuse your best friend of the murder. You disgust me. You'll all get what you deserve in the end for not sticking together. Welcome to Walmart losers!
MR

Agreed.

ERAU2GIA said:

MR

Gets my vote for 2005's flightinfo post of the year.

ERAU2GIA said:

MR

As one of the 697 who lost their jobs, I don't regret it at all.

Latest resources

Back