• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Not good for the Southwest Poolies....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great news for USA Jet, we get to hold onto a great pilot for a while longer. That is if he waits until Jan of 2010 for a SWA class date and doesn't bolt over to NJ like the rest of our pilots.

If you gave them a living wage and worked alot more diligently on the QOL issues maybe they wouldn't bolt,ya think???

PHXFLYR:cool:

To all the poolies, I am sorry to see this. I think it was a very poor decision. There are quite a few of the retired guys coming back to interview to be FO's. Probably most or all of them just because they want to keep flying and want the $$$, not because of any hopeful outcome of an age-discrimination lawsuit. I predict some problems down the road as these guys try to run the show from the right seat.

The bright side for poolies is that while you will have to unfairly sit in the pool longer, after five years you will have caught up seniority-wise to where you should have been.

Do the retirees start over at the bottom of the seniority list? It sounds like that from the letter but I just wanted to clarify.

Any guess on the number of retirees that will want to return?

Best of luck to the poolies.

The bright side for poolies is that while you will have to unfairly sit in the pool longer, after five years you will have caught up seniority-wise to where you should have been.

That has to be sarcasm, right?

I know of a few probationary pilots in the future that will be required to buy me a beer on overnights.:beer: "Hey gramps, its Saturday night in LBB...you owe me a Shiner!"

same thing going on over at FDX....over 60 engineers can bid back to the front seats...lots of POed junior guys....the 757 bid has all over 60 guys for the most part...my understanding is the company is now installing diaper changing stations in all 757 bathrooms!!!

To all the poolies, I am sorry to see this. I think it was a very poor decision. There are quite a few of the retired guys coming back to interview to be FO's. Probably most or all of them just because they want to keep flying and want the $$$, not because of any hopeful outcome of an age-discrimination lawsuit. I predict some problems down the road as these guys try to run the show from the right seat.

Also poolies, if you had to buy your type rating to get the job and might be taking a pay cut the first year at SWA, it will give you more time to pay off the type rating before you start.

Nothing like turning a five year hiring bubble into almost a ten year bubble.

Latest resources

Back