• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Northwest Flight Attendants Reject Second Tentative Agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Instead of pointing out your GLARING errors, I'm simply going to let you have the last word.

To be specific, in case you try to twist this somehow into you "winning" the argument, I know you have no clue what you're talking about; I know that I DO because I've lived it the last half decade.

It's simply NOT worth my time to point out your MULTIPLE errors, you've already ignored the few you have no answer for, and I believe it would be time purely wasted on you. You've already closed your mind to the obvious.

Good luck to the NWA F/A's, looking forward to seeing you get an agreement worth your time to come to work.

Thomas39 said:

You were probably still recovering from your lobotomy and don't remember when Mesa received their 1st RJ. Mesa's RJ pay was well below anything else in the industry, that is how they grew and obtained flying from other regionals. Just ask Air Wisconsin.

Which happened because mainline pilots gave up scope and allowed SEVERAL companies to bid on their flying. Making it very difficult for any one of those groups to climb up the contractual ladder. It was NOT nessisary to fragment the pilot groups to make the RJ cost effective.

And if I get stuck flying a 76 seat AC at 9E, I don't want any BS from mainline pilots for flying it, because YOU gave it up (and signed up for lower payrates and work rules than some regionals flying SMALLER jets).

Turbo

Green said:
You got to give kudos to the fa's for having the balls (figuratively speaking) to stand up to managements' bs. They have shown much more grit than most pilot groups who have talked big and then accepted excessively onerous concessionary contracts.

I hope their "balls" can stand up to unemployment when the airline goes
TU.

XShipRider said:
I hope their "balls" can stand up to unemployment when the airline goes
TU.

Even if the FA's keep their current contract, NW will come out of CH11 as a VERY strong competitor.

The FA's have already proven what the Pilots didn't dare find out: A NO vote does not = automatic imposition of mgmt terms or liquidation of the airline.

There are many interested parties beyond the employee groups who have a vested interest in NW not going away.

Turbo

And if I get stuck flying a 76 seat AC at 9E, I don't want any BS from mainline pilots for flying it, because YOU gave it up (and signed up for lower payrates and work rules than some regionals flying SMALLER jets).

Turbo,

Put up or shut up. Are you saying that our 76 seat rates are below the 50 seat pay average? Give an example to prove what you are talking about. Show me specifically that there is a regional carrier out there that is flying a SMALLER aircraft and being paid more for what an NWA or NWA affiliate pilot will make for flying a LARGER aircraft.

Thomas39 said:
Turbo,

Put up or shut up. Are you saying that our 76 seat rates are below the 50 seat pay average? Give an example to prove what you are talking about. Show me specifically that there is a regional carrier out there that is flying a SMALLER aircraft and being paid more for what an NWA or NWA affiliate pilot will make for flying a LARGER aircraft.

Well, I feel like you should have been familiar with this before you voted, however...

Well, look at Horizon rates for CRJ700 (for starters). Smaller airplane, more pay. Also (if I recall correctly) profit sharing, trip rigs and duty rigs.
Max CA around $121 (BTW even the Q400 turboprop tops at $111)

Also see below for max CA/FO (again, CRJ 700, smaller AC than Compass):
Comair $108/47 (after concessions, I think but not sure)
ASA $102/44

Now for the REAL pisser:
Max MAINLINE nw EMB195 CA $105 (4th yr FO $47)
Can't find the Compass pay right now, but you should be able to find it quickly.

Like I said, thanks alot.

PS, since you are telling regional pilots how to move up in the world, may I recommend a reorganization of the NW MEC to more appropriately represent the pilot group? The SEA and ANC LEC's have a bit too much representation given their small number of (very senior) pilots.

Turbo (don't think I'll "Shut Up" quite yet)

TurboAWD said:
PS, since you are telling regional pilots how to move up in the world, may I recommend a reorganization of the NW MEC to more appropriately represent the pilot group? The SEA and ANC LEC's have a bit too much representation given their small number of (very senior) pilots.

I see your point, but reorganization for that isn't necessary. Any MEC member can call for a roll call vote on any issue. In a roll call vote, each member of the MEC only has as much weight as the amount of members that he represents (ie. Ray Miller gets one vote for each DTW Captain that he represents, Dan Gradwohl gets one vote for each MSP SO he represents, etc...). That makes sure that there isn't unequal representation.

Yeah, I know, but it still seems a bit off.

BTW- Love that letter from the 9E MEC this week.

PNCL can kiss it if they think I would vote yes on anything that resembles their "final offer".

Turbo

TurboAWD said:
PNCL can kiss it if they think I would vote yes on anything that resembles their "final offer".

Can I get an Amen?! :beer:

Latest resources

Back