• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Northwest App process?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is there anyway to update the app? Other than uploading a new resume? I've obviously flown alot since I last filled it out.

"Beadwindow!" is the response one is supposed to give over a radio net whenever they hear someone transmit something that is not supposed to be transmitted...typically, something secret.

During my CQ in the F-4, I launched from Miramar to the USS Constellation as a single aircraft. The tower controller asked me to state my destination, and my RIO (another CQ noob like me) responded, "The USS Constellation".

Beadwindow!

Nobody is supposed to know the location of 1,000-foot long ships steaming just offshore in US waters. It's a SECRET!

Likewise, it's not a huge secret...but I'm not gonna blab the percentage of candidates who are offered jobs after the interview process. That's proprietary info, just like the actual questions in the interview (they're mostly scripted), and the actual profile in the sim (varies by the aircraft flown for the evaluation).

Is there anyway to update the app? Other than uploading a new resume? I've obviously flown alot since I last filled it out.

Yes...when they call you.

Your online app was a snapshot of your quals. The pilots who also submitted apps that week were given a score, just like you were. Then you were all ranked (1,2,3,4,5,etc) at that time. That gave the HR folks a call list to work from for a while. Then they did another sweep of the apps, and ranked again.

If you get called, they'll ask for your new totals, which will be changed on your app. When you come in for the interview, they'll update your totals once again. When you show up for class....guess what!

If the process isn't worked as a series of snapshots ("sweeps" in HR-speak) it can turn into a real goat rodeo. One of the HR gurus came from another airline where they were getting calls EVERY DAY from some candidates, "Hey! Just wanna let you know I flew 5 legs today. 6.4 jet PIC...2.1 instrument!".

I'm sure the system could be set up to handle online submissions that update the database, but NWA HR has chosen not to do it that way.

My stupid University did something similar. Even though I was getting better and building experience each week...they stopped taking my work! They called it a "semester". (That's how I rationalize the "C" I got in Econ)

I sent in my initial application to NWA about a week ago (8 days to be exact) I just received and filled out the the detailed application today, I guess that would put me in phase 2 of the process. I guess I am one of the low time guys they are hoping to stick around for awhile, to give an comparison here are my numbers:

4100TT
1300PIC
450 JET/TURBINE PIC (EMB-145)
Currently B747 F/O haulin' boxes

Guess I'm playing the waiting game with you all...:rolleyes:

Nice work agent frieght dog! You must have a decoder ring, are you sure you're a civ?

"beadwindow" made me laugh pretty hard...

It took me a few minutes to research what the definition of "Beadwindow" was but i got the point.LOL The good thing is i just added a new word to my Vocabulary!!:laugh:

Thanks for the info guys. I applied on 8/24 pretty much right when they opened up hiring. NWA would be a great fit for me and my family. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back