• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Noose in cockpit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Racism is alive and well. As your post clearly demostrated.
Ummm. excuse me?

What, EXACTLY, in my post, was racist?

2 of my best 3 pilot friends are black, genius. I'm about as far from racist as it gets.

Just because I don't believe the EEOC is necessary anymore doesn't make me racist.

For the love of Pete... :rolleyes:

I'll bet most of you don't know the real definition of Racism.

I know for sure that many minority leaders have no clue what it is. They demonstrate their ignorance everyday on TV and the radio.

To most people, especially the younger generations that were raised by MTV, racism is saying something that black people don't like. Also, they believe that only white skinned people can be racist.

According to the Merriam-Webster online dictionary Racism is defined:

1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race (cough..Jerimiah Wright/Barack Obama..cough)

2 : racial prejudice or discrimination

*Notice there is no mention of any specific race.

Today, though, racism means several things. Basically its a word that minorities throw at white people because of 2 reasons:

1. Nobody wants to labeled a racist in our ultra politically correct country and

2. usually they have no intelligent argument or explaination for their behavior so they just throw out the "R" word.

Just because I don't believe the EEOC is necessary anymore doesn't make me racist.

Regardless of your view of racism in modern society, the EEOC serves a lot of purposes that have absolutely nothing to do with race. Even if we magically became a completely color-blind society tomorrow, we would still have reason to have the EEOC.

Crime scene? :rolleyes:

Sure, next thing they'll do is pursue it as a "hate crime". Enter the FBI.

Also, it has not been determined who placed the doll in the cockpit (or into the noose for that matter). If they were not authorized, then the TSA could get involved due to a security breach.

Could get messy...

Maybe everyone just needs to get thicker skin. Noose in the cockpit? As long as it wasn't wrapped around anyone's neck, who the F cares. If I'd have found it I would have thrown it in the trash and gone about my day.

What a joke.

At least it wasn't a "moose" in the cockpit. That would have been a real mess!!

LMAO!! The segment still would have insulted our intelligence by starting with, "Webster's dictionary defines 'moose' as..." What a stupid news story!

Hmmm. When I lived in Sec. 8 housing (flight school) I used to get crap said to me all the time by the "locals". I guess that isnt prejudice. Must be justice.....not.

Maybe everyone just needs to get thicker skin. Noose in the cockpit? As long as it wasn't wrapped around anyone's neck, who the F cares. If I'd have found it I would have thrown it in the trash and gone about my day.

What a joke.

You are right, to an extent.

The fact that some moron actually took the time to tie it and maybe even planned it by bringing a cabbage patch kid from home astounds me.

Whoever is responsible is an enourmous bag of feminine cleansing product.

(what the heck is wrong with saying ******************************?)

Latest resources

Back