• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Non-rev and commuting just got harder

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can't wait for a deadhead to Leon Mexico. 40 minutes between the last flight I worked and the Leon flight. I'll drop the bags off at ops, meander out to Security, watch those fools for a few minutes, take my shoes off, go thru, ride the train back out to E to watch my flight leave, go back to ops get my bags and get on the bus and head home! The next flight for Leon leaves in 23 hours!

I can't wait for a deadhead to Leon Mexico. 40 minutes between the last flight I worked and the Leon flight. I'll drop the bags off at ops, meander out to Security, watch those fools for a few minutes, take my shoes off, go thru, ride the train back out to E to watch my flight leave, go back to ops get my bags and get on the bus and head home! The next flight for Leon leaves in 23 hours!

Solid!

I hate the TSA.. I really do. I''ve never been a hateful person, until I started having to deal with their bull******************** rules and dog / pony show. Oh yeah, any tsa @$$ Clown reading this : I just jumpseated the other day in a t-shirt / blue jeans. I forgot to take the liquids out of my bag.. they never saw them and I got on the plane without them seeing them in the bull******************** ziploc bag!!! Oh how our national security was comprimized. We are all lucky to be alive today.

Security Concerns

Question? I start the last day of a 4 day trip in ABC, USA where security for flightcrews is not required, fly 3 legs to complete my trip at 1:00pm at gate C-26 and my flight home leaves out of gate C-27 at 1:25pm. Can I go straight to C-27 and board my flight home or do I have to leave the secured area, go thru metal detectors and miss my only flight
out of town? (assuming my mailbox is empty, of course).

According to the memo we got at eagle any time that you finish your sequence and you are planning on commuting you must go through security.

OK, so let me get this straight. You take the bus into ops in ATL and start your trip. You do a round trip to xyz, return to Concourse E. Your last scheduled flight is a DH to xyz (this happens often at ASA.) You are now required to take the train to the main terminal, exit the secure area, go through screening, get back on the train and go back to whichever concouse?!?!??! That is freakin hilarious!!!!! First off, it is simply the dumbest thing I have ever heard. But, it seems, It will take so long to do this, that any of these flights will be soooo late!! Where it really sucks will be for the commuter trying to get home. Who comes up with this stuff.

In regards to IAM's question posted above; if you come in on C26 and your flight (commuting home) leaves on C27 you do not need to go through security so long as you cleared security at the outstation and have stayed within a sterile area during your trip.

Just another reason to quit.

How do we park in our lot and go to security?

Dead heading. ASA sure has a problem here. With all the dead heads there will be delays.

Pay? I am not going to go to the front and back for nothing.

Again, just another reason to QUIT!

Latest resources

Back