• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Non-rev and commuting just got harder

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just comply, and waste as much time at the checkpoint as possible.

The last flight from DTW-ATL leaves at 7:04pm right now. When most of the trips finish around 6pm, I'm not going to go out to security and miss my flight home. If I get fired, then so be it. I'm not spending an extra 4 nights in DTW every month to make the TSA happy. This career just isn't worth it anymore.

This BS. If I start my trip with a DH, I ride the bus to the concourse go all the way out and then come back thorugh security? WTF? I'll make sure to duty in exactly one hour before, wander out with my junk, find the line with longest wait and then go all the way back out to my gate for my DH... If the plane hasn't left yet.

How can they expect to enforce this rule? How do they know if I went though security at the start of my day when I have to DH home? The ignorance of these people is earth shattering. But I feel good knowing that we profesionalized because we federalized security at airports. I used enjoy watching the TSA thugs come to work at STL. They just take of their gang colors, put them in their pockets and jump on the bus. Really makes you feel good knowing they have our backs and working hard to keep us safe <From ourselves>

Last edited:
The last flight from DTW-ATL leaves at 7:04pm right now. When most of the trips finish around 6pm, I'm not going to go out to security and miss my flight home. If I get fired, then so be it. I'm not spending an extra 4 nights in DTW every month to make the TSA happy. This career just isn't worth it anymore.

Well, it's not just fired, its prosecuted, fined, jailed, hell, maybe even locked up in Gitmo! (yes, I'm joking about Gitmo).

We have no rights anymore and this country becomes more of a police state daily!

It suprises my how many people are posting about it. I hate TSA just like everyone else but I thought most of us go through them 99% of the time. I guess not.

ATL employees get dropped off inside the SIDA right at ops. We are not required to go all the way to the main terminal and go through security.

ATL employees get dropped off inside the SIDA right at ops. We are not required to go all the way to the main terminal and go through security.

For now. Wait until next week!

next week will be:

TSA: Who packed this bag?
Capt: My wife........No wait my flight attendant in BUF, kind of a crazy overnight!!
TSA: Has this bag been in your posession the whole time?
Capt: Yeah, except when I dropped it off in ops and went to grab a turkey sandwich
TSA: Could anyone have put something in your bag without you knowing?
Capt: Probably. I know my flight attendant had to fetch her underwear out of it...We swapped yesterday

The reason they stopped asking these STUPID questions was because someone finally realized that dishonest people don't tell the truth. People smuggling drugs/guns won't GO BACK THROUGH SECURITY EITHER!!

Last edited:
This is a just a pilot stupidity test, the govt. is testing to making sure pilots aren't 100% retarted.

The preliminary results are not very promising.

What's the big deal with having to go through security? I went through it essentially everyday at Mesaba, even when in uniform. In the grand scheme of life, is it really that big of a deal?

Here's an example of how this can make our lives more difficult if I'm understanding what they really want us to do...still waiting for clarification on that though. This is actually my schedule for tomorrow, BTW...

1st leg - BOS-BWI -- Go through security in BOS to begin my day.
2nd leg - Deadhead BWI-ATL -- Get off the airplane I just brought in. Exit the BWI sterile area. Go through security with all of my stuff (the same stuff that I had in BOS about 2 1/2 hours ago) Get on airplane to ATL.
3rd leg - Non-rev home ATL-HOME -- Get off airplane I just brought in...which could very well be right next to my commuting flight, BTW. Exit ATL sterile area. go back through security with all of my stuff again. Run back to the gate with the hope that I haven't missed my commute home.

Now I realize that commuting is my choice but take out that 3rd leg out of the equation and do you think it makes any sense at all to have to go back through security to ride as a passenger on the airplane that you just delivered safely to the gate?

Last edited:
This BS. If I start my trip with a DH, I ride the bus to the concourse go all the way out and then come back thorugh security? WTF? I'll make sure to duty in exactly one hour before, wander out with my junk, find the line with longest wait and then go all the way back out to my gate for my DH... If the plane hasn't left yet.

If guys repeatedly miss DH flights due to this new rule and it really starts interfering with scheduling, you can bet it wont take long for the airlines themselves to complain about the rule.

If it's the rule, then you, my friend WILL do it.

If it is found that you went the other way around, they can, and will, shut down the airport.

Try it and then post your experience!

Such a condescending tone for a super experienced 2000 hour airline veteran. Try commuting at a airline job for a while and then post YOUR experience.

Also, I am not your friend and never presume to tell me what I will and will not do.

Latest resources

Back