NO please at Tranny!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

easydoesit

I will tell everyone right now that if this thing gets voted in, I am outta here. I have been here for six months and I guarantee there will be an exodus of newly hired FO's if this thing goes. They are already having a hard time getting highly qualified people. I have been told firsthand that not too many people are interested in AirTran at Airinc conferences.

I came here thinking this was a better place, with some good morale. It's on the verge of going down the tubes. On the other hand, if we get some good leaders in there, it could go the other way.

I'm Praying...

I agree.... And for the Captains who are thinking about voting on this thing... What kind of FO's do you want at Airtran. Do you want to fly with good FO's or do you want to fly with the guys who couldn't get hired anywhere else.. If this thing goes through, thats whats gonna happen. Upgrade times are going up and it no longer makes sense to come to Airtran with the idea your only gonna sit in the right seat for only 2 or 3 years. I'm sick of AP chitting on the FO's... Please, please, please vote this thing down. Until the FO wages come up to industry standard, please, remember the little guys....

Ta

Let's at least look at the damn thing first (TA). You've only been here six months. If you think we are going down the tubes, you should have seen in when we were going down the tubes :). Morale really isn't that bad and we are finally showing a little unity.

Sure we will lose a few guys, but it's just not that easy to get hired at the few places where it is better. I am voting no, but I'll read the TA and go to a roadshow or two with an open mind. I think the senior guys will vote for it and it will be up to the FO's to shoot it down. Surprisingly, in the past, we have had weak voter turnout. Hopefully that won't be the case with this one.

I'll predict a 53-47 pass with AP and MS thrown out. With the weak language, section 5, scope, and a possible merger down the road......God help us.

You Measba guys crack me up.

Last edited:
Let's at least look at the damn thing first (TA). You've only been here six months. If you think we are going down the tubes, you should have seen in when we were going down the tubes :). Morale really isn't that bad and we are finally showing a little unity.

I'll predict a 53-47 pass with AP and MS thrown out. With the weak language, section 5, scope, and a possible merger down the road......God help us.

You Measba guys crack me up.

I'm predicting more like a 70/30 slam-down, with Clinton and Carter being ejected as well. Management has overplayed their hand, and pissed off even the scabs and the "just glad to have a job" types. Once the latter discover they still have some nuts, they may feel rejuvenated and inclined to use them . . .

Last edited:
Labatt... What do you need to see? We have seen the first TA, then, they showed us the changes from that after they pulled it.. Now, theyve gotten ridd of cor block, 4 1/2 hrs and it sounds like were gonna get a little bonus.. WTF over... Our union is fighting to get back the Core Block and 4 1/2 hrs average.. Hell, those aren't even things on the current contract. Plus, they are gonna take away a little bit of the originally proposed hourly rate... Our FO hourly rate will be so low below industry average its not even funny... Plus, with upgrades shooting way up and all the other airlines hiring cranking up, what will be the point of a well qualified pilot coming to AirTran? Hell, id be happy with 90% of industry average for FO's, but this thing isn't even close.... You talk about unity, well, its time for the captains to get unified with the FO's and not sell them out.. For FO's, there is a ton of places that are better.. AAI's upgrade is going to hit 5 or 6 years for the guys who got hired in the last year.... With this proposed contract youd be stupid to come to AAI.. Hell, id go next door to DAL where im gonna make more as a second year FO than an AAI 3rd year FO... Oh ya, but your gonna make captain at AAI right.. Well, by year 5 and 6 at DAL your gonna be at least a 767 FO making $108 and $111/hr.... 777 FO is $114 and $117.. Plus $hr for International pay... There is absolutly no reason a person would choose AAI over DAL, and that hasn't been the case with AAI's fast upgrades.. With those slowing, AAI will only be able to recruit Flight Instructors.... This is a comletly slap in the face to the AAI FO's... SO, lets see some unity and vote this thing down, for the fo's sake...

The repercutions of this TA will be huge.. FO's will come to AAI for 6 months to a year and then go to the greener pastures of DAL, SWA, CAL, and UAL (can't believe I even said that one). FO attrition will be huge, kinda like the good old days of AAI. And trust me, it will happen. This TA has nothing to offer FO's without a quick upgrade.. And that is going away.. These FO rates won't affect me much, I should hold upgrade in a couple months, but for our future pilots, and our company, its time to stand strong..

Last edited:
This is a profitable company and I'm sick and tired of people giving crap away because of fear. We deserve a good contract to be proud of and nothing else.

Last edited:
Don't mess with AAI Management. Joe Leonard has killed 273 in the past and will not hesitate to take out any dissenters. Vote YES, or you may find yourself in a left steep bank with an engine missing.

MOD INPUT: SIMMER DOWN CACTUS, WE DON'T NEED TO NAME NAMES OR ANY INADVERTANT THREATS. THIS IS YOUR WARNING!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest resources

Back