• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NO please at Tranny!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And BTW labatt, I am happy for you that you have had the opportunity to ride a great wave. I am still trying to catch one. If us Mesaba guys are cracking you up, you AirTran guys are even funnier; paying more dues than anyone and getting nothing in return. Like I said before, we work for a profitable company so why are we even considering a concessionary contract?

If you already know you are voting no, why are you keeping and open mind? Have not you seen enough? Grow some nads dude...

Don't mess with AAI Management. Joe Leonard has killed 273 in the past and will not hesitate to take out any dissenters. Vote YES, or you may find yourself in a left steep bank with an engine missing.

Wasn't he called "Forklift Joe"? Heard from an AA maintenance guy that he insisted they use a forklift to position engines on the pylons. Any truth to that?

Wasn't he called "Forklift Joe"? Heard from an AA maintenance guy that he insisted they use a forklift to position engines on the pylons. Any truth to that?

yes, but there is alot more to it. the discovery or history channel had a great show on that accident years ago - showed the cover-up very well. some people should be in jail.

Note - no offence twards any airtran guy with the above post.

airtran guys - whats the TA say about scope? please please don't allow someone to fly 70 to 100 seaters for you. Actually don't allow any flying to be contracted out no matter what size or type of powerplant.

Last edited:
Don't mess with AAI Management. Joe Leonard has killed 273 in the past and will not hesitate to take out any dissenters. Vote YES, or you may find yourself in a left steep bank with an engine missing.

Amen to that.

"Forklift" Joe Leonard.

Hey guys that want to slam Joe - start your own damn thread.

Now back to TA number 3. Don't just focus on pay rates.
- The reserve rules are still crap. They need to go back to current book.
- the scope is still waaaay too loose. It needs to go back to current book.
- We still lost door close. We need that back.

I am sure there are other items still in there that are concessions - I just remember these big 3.
On a positive note - I spoke with 2 Captains yesterday who both felt this thing is still a big steaming pile of crap. They are firmly in the no concessions column.
Anyone else notice that each time the company hears that there is going to be a no vote, we get called back to the table and they give back a little more. We need to just be patient, remain unified and make sure everyone knows that the vote is still

NO

Same procedure was used at CAL and UAL with approval of the FAA and Macdonald Douglas...

Same procedure was used at CAL and UAL with approval of the FAA and Macdonald Douglas...

yeah but CAL and UAL didn't let the engine sit on the forklift (which had a hyd leak) durring a shift change as to let engine bend the mount.

I don't think MacD approved it, infact I'm pretty sure MacD engineers said no but it was overruled by the bean counters in an attempt to sell sell sell airframes. you know that pesky support equipment just adds to the cost of the new jet.

Last edited:
yeah but CAL and UAL didn't let the engine sit on the forklift (which had a hyd leak) durring a shift change as to let engine bend the mount.

And neither did Joe. I'm not usually the kind of guy that likes to defend management, but Joe's gotten a bad rap for this incident. Every operator of the -10 was using the exact same "forklift" procedure. Do you think Joe was standing around the hanger floor and watching as the shift change occurred with the engine resting on the forklift? Give me a break. Joe's caught heat for something that was an industry-standard practice. He was just the unlucky manager that ended up having the practice result in an accident. The real blame for these sorts of incidents rests with an FAA that is more focused on the airlines' bottom lines than safety.

This is a profitable company and I'm sick and tired of people giving crap away because of fear. We deserve a good contract to be proud of and nothing else.

Similar thing you went through at XJ?...sorry to hear you have to go through it again...best of luck.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back