No more Top Gun quotes!

screwed_again

Total Time
I was wondering if anyone else thought the Top Gun quotes were GAY. I am so tired of the geeks asking for "the number to that truck driving school," or "don't do it Mav!" It was funny in 1989, not in 2005.

labbats

Zulu who?
Total Time
I think you're dangerous.

Marko Ramius

Vilnius Nastavnic
Total Time
25 w/L
Nah.........

The Eighties were home to a multitude of cheesy movies with quality quotes. From Top Gun to the Karate Kid, Rocky III all the way to Rocky IV-it's a tough era to replicate.

P.S. Slider you stink

SennaP1

Livin' the European Dream
Total Time
Miyagi: [sighs] Daniel-san, must talk. Man walk on road. Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk down middle, sooner or later, get squished [makes squish gesture] just like grape. Same here. You karate do "yes," or karate do "no." You karate do "guess so," [makes squish gesture] just like grape. Understand?

Terry Hunter

Silence!
Total Time
<0>
Hey Screwed,
I think your right - the quotes are cheesy, and that's why they are used as much as they are. We aren't such egomanics to believe we are really top gun pilots, now are we...

But, if I do hear this quote from another co-worker, I will perform a bi-atch slap:

Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.

screwed_again

Total Time
Terry Hunter said:
Hey Screwed,
I think your right - the quotes are cheesy, and that's why they are used as much as they are. We aren't such egomanics to believe we are really top gun pilots, now are we...

But, if I do hear this quote from another co-worker, I will perform a bi-atch slap:

Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
I couldn't agree with you more, Terry.

Marko Ramius

Vilnius Nastavnic
Total Time
25 w/L
I really like your car Ms. Larusso

SennaP1 said:
Miyagi: [sighs] Daniel-san, must talk. Man walk on road. Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk down middle, sooner or later, get squished [makes squish gesture] just like grape. Same here. You karate do "yes," or karate do "no." You karate do "guess so," [makes squish gesture] just like grape. Understand?
Points or no points Larusso, you're dead meat...........dead meat

Haaaaaa, I think he's gonna cry!

Dizel8

Douglas metal
Total Time
Huh?
screwed_again said:
I was wondering if anyone else thought the Top Gun quotes were GAY.
Gutsiest move I ever saw!

SlapShot

Total Time
When I fly I'll have you know my crew and my plane come first.

wmuflyguy

flunky
Total Time
5k+
You can be my wing man anytime

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Total Time
Talk to me Goose.

Hey screwed, you asked for it. Why would you start a thread knowing it was going to back-fire in your face??:laugh: :beer: Not to smart.:p

DiverDriver

Welcome to The Fall.
Total Time
I've got to concentrate....concentrate. I've got to Concentrate...concentrate.

....oh... wrong movie.

atlcrashpad

Can't hold me down
Total Time
Bling
Top Gun quotes

Screwed Again,

It was 1986 not 1989. You must have seen that on video, probably "Beta". Why do you have to stoop to use the term "Gay" to describe what doesn't fit in your world. I believe you have some issues or you just love to flame the fire(s) that are started here. It's all in jest... that means fun..

acaTerry

SAPM
Total Time
7000+
Getting back to the subject...I think all of you are writing checks your bodies can't cash. Now shut up or I'll have you flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog $hit out of Hong Kong.

P-Dawg_QX

Registered Offender
Total Time
3000+
I don't use Top Gun quotes...I just hum "Danger Zone" while I do my walk-around.

And when I see the tug hooking up to the nosewheel, I like to pretend that it's a catapult.