No more Top Gun quotes!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

screwed_again

I was wondering if anyone else thought the Top Gun quotes were GAY. I am so tired of the geeks asking for "the number to that truck driving school," or "don't do it Mav!" It was funny in 1989, not in 2005.

I think you're dangerous.

Nah.........

The Eighties were home to a multitude of cheesy movies with quality quotes. From Top Gun to the Karate Kid, Rocky III all the way to Rocky IV-it's a tough era to replicate.

P.S. Slider you stink

Miyagi: [sighs] Daniel-san, must talk. Man walk on road. Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk down middle, sooner or later, get squished [makes squish gesture] just like grape. Same here. You karate do "yes," or karate do "no." You karate do "guess so," [makes squish gesture] just like grape. Understand?

Hey Screwed,
I think your right - the quotes are cheesy, and that's why they are used as much as they are. We aren't such egomanics to believe we are really top gun pilots, now are we...

But, if I do hear this quote from another co-worker, I will perform a bi-atch slap:

Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.

Terry Hunter said:
Hey Screwed,
I think your right - the quotes are cheesy, and that's why they are used as much as they are. We aren't such egomanics to believe we are really top gun pilots, now are we...

But, if I do hear this quote from another co-worker, I will perform a bi-atch slap:

Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.

I couldn't agree with you more, Terry.

I really like your car Ms. Larusso

SennaP1 said:
Miyagi: [sighs] Daniel-san, must talk. Man walk on road. Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk down middle, sooner or later, get squished [makes squish gesture] just like grape. Same here. You karate do "yes," or karate do "no." You karate do "guess so," [makes squish gesture] just like grape. Understand?

Points or no points Larusso, you're dead meat...........dead meat

Haaaaaa, I think he's gonna cry!

Latest resources

Back